Converting OBD0 to OBD2 D-Series

So I got my Frankenstine swap out of my 97 civic today. Im picking up my “New” motor tonight. A 1991 CRX Si 1.6 Non Vtec.
Now, I know I have to use my current Intake Manifold, and Distributer. Im also using my current transmission because they converted to Hydro in 92.

My current question is, Do I have to use the Oil pump off my OBD2 motor. I think that I do have to because I believe it has the Crankshaft position sensor. Can any of you D series guys confirm this?

not one person?
Any helpful input is appreciated…

I did a little research myself. i found that the 93-97 Del Sol D series used the Same gasket for the oil pump. and a new oil pump is the same from 88-95… Soooo same gasket, same bolt pattern? so i think my 97 obd2 oil pump will bolt up to the 91 block…

Or beat the system
http://technet.ff-squad.com/ckftrick.htm

wow. now i gotta decide if i just wanna do that or try and make the pump work…

Dont bother doing anything with oil pumps. If you are using the obd2 ecu then you can just use 2 scotchlocks at the ecu wiring and make it forever happy. All that sensor does is detect misfire for obd2 purposes. Heres a link to show what i’m refering to.

http://technet.ff-squad.com/ckftrick.htm

Also, why would you swap in an old balls motor that probably smokes and has sky high mileage. D16y7 are cheap and all over the place. Plus everything fits perfectly and is a hassle free swap.

LKSwhy? > Synapse

:lol

thanks for that info guys. ill do that.

Im getting this motor for a steal. miles are a lil high, but i just need something that runs…
my old one had a D16 block, a D15b2 head, a timingbelt that was too big (im surprised it stayed timed)
and a smashed oil pan.

Katman and FF squad are awesome with stuff like this. Check out their site ff-squad.com and technet.ff-squad.com… so much stuff on there

i just gotta pick up some of those splice things. thats gonna save me alot of work. now all i gotta do is slap on the tranny and IM

:pete = me

unless im forgetting something else…

…dizzy

im using my obd2 one…
what about EGR or EVAP?

Not sure… I’m an OBD1 guy aka no EVAP. haha, but just check the connectors to see if they will work. I’m sure its very similar

well all that good stuff is right on the IM right?
im using my IM so I think ill be ok.

Yeah… good thinking. The purge solenoid and EGR should go right along with the manifold swap. Good luck

:rofl

OK you need to use everything you have with a sensor on it you pretty much have to use except for the oil pump. I personally would use the oil pump. If you are able to use all your sensors and keep your factory ecu you should be good with inspection and emissions and crap. Make sure you use your TB as well if you have a y7 in there now, because the y7 has a 3 wire iacv located on the TB where just about every other model except the y8 auto has a 2 wire on the intake manifold. Hope i helped

basically i just have to stick w/ my crappy Intake Manifold. No Big Deal really.
ill do that hack thing for the Crank shaft sensor.