Cops Vs. World

Hey this is Thornton… most of you on here know me some probably don’t. This thread is about me getting some problems together everybody has had with the Colonie Police. Today March the 22nd i was pulled over for having a cross hanging from my mirror. I know I was wrong for my license being suspended, but the problem I’m having is how they go about business. They cannot “legally” pull you over for having a suspended license, they have to have a reason for pulling you over and then find out. but all the police in the Colonie area are known for running your license finding out your suspended and then pulling you over for in my instance obstruction of view. I was then hand-cuffed put in a patrol car and then he searched my car without permission. Illegal search without a warrant is what its called. So i’m petitioning the town of colonie. This is not something i’m taking lightly, i have been going through this for about 3 years the on going profiling and pulling me over for no reason writing tickets. Today has been the last day for dealing with it… I’m going to file a civil suit and have my lawyer take care of this.

ANYTHING hanging from your rearview… whether it be a picture, air freshener, cross or whatever is considered obstruction of view and the officer was well within his rights to pull you over to instigate a traffic stop. if he believed there were deadly weapons OR drugs in the vehicle he does NOT need your permission. you are fighting a losing battle. you shouldnt have been driving the car to begin with so tuck your tail between your legs and walk away before you make yourself look like more of a fool than you already have.

They do not need a warrant to search your car. Look this up again before you waste your time.

I’m gonna currently look into all the shit but i’m really bummed about all the shit

stop driving in colonie without a license then and dont give them a reason to pull you over… makes things alot easier.

I hear ya. It sounds like they really threw the book at ya. But the truth is, they were within the law in everything they did (from what you have said here) so it wont be worth your time or money to fight it.

so i’m gonna have to take it again… i fuckin hate colonie… maybe i’ll move somewhere far away.

dont blame the police for your mistakes. they were well within their rights under the law… you obviously werent. MAN UP and take responsibility. you fucked up. admit it. thats the first step to recovery…

i said right from the get go that i know i was wrong for driving. i know i was in the process of paying off all the shit and march 27th was my court date to pay it and here i am 5 days away from being free and clear… and i’m fucked. Again… oh well guess i better get used to the leather shoe express

the cops are just doing there jobs, you hate it because it happened to you, but what can you expect?

everyone busting thornton’s balls needs to relax because all you fucks know you hate cops and when they do their jobs :stfu

sucks to hear, Azn told me earlier after he talked to you…but it was a bad choice to be driving, but shit happens

my dad is a cop. i fully respect them and what they do. i get frustrated but still admit when i was being a fuckin douche enough to get pulled over. take responsibility and stop bitching about your own fuckups

If your car is open, a search without warrant is legal.

If you are being arrested, your car is subject to search without warrant.

and im trying to be a police officer

dont be an asshole cop then please

cops are products of their environment… think about it… are you going to be pleasant to some 18,19,20 yr old punk who causes you more grief than you want to deal with? you be nice to them, they will be nice to you.

Many local departments have been getting license plate readers also, shows up instantly in their car if the registration is bad or if the person the car is registered to has a suspended license. Ask me how I know :sad

yeah i heard schenectady has them

colonie has them in a couple cars as well as albany and albany county sheriffs :nod

Apon arrest they not only serch youre car but they take inventory of everything its so the tow truck company cant steal shit in youre car when its in the impound yard. So there fucking you and doing you a favor most colonie tow companies are scumbags but yes thorton i agree colonie cops will falsely pull people over just to try and find more out. This coming from a person that has probally paid for 3 new police cars with the fines hes paid ,But the guys on the forum are right our laws protect cops and taking a personal suit will only further deplete youre wallet and gain nothing the best things I can tell you is A. fix the reason youre licence is suppended if you can B. be more descrete about youre driving habits exsample dont tint youre windows hang shit from the mirror drive more than 7 over the speed limit dont keep the car registered in youre name because they can call the plate in and know youre suspended before they pull you over dont drive anything flashy and if you drive honda dont have a huge fart can there allways looking for those cars its a given C. stop driving and hoof it but this sucks so i suggest option a or b