Coreys s2000 build

Other than your awesome engine bay the car looked 100% better the day u brought it home. Just my opinion. But I guess some people strive to be different. Good luck with the car and i hope its everything u want it to be.

How’s the ipad dash coming

i’m just saying, if you want it it’s yours but i’m not gonna try to take it out lol

My buddy works for safelite and might be down to remove and reinstall it for you. Don’t know how much he’d charge though.

^ pm me his number/name please. i want my windshield pulled out so i can tie my cage into my a-pillars, and then put it back in

I would love to do that, but the problem is James house is like an hour from where my car is

Pming now

Okay, test fitted the

19X9.5+0 with 245/35/19 Inset: 120.7 Poke: 120.7

WHICH would have the same effective outer clearance as a
18X12.5 +38 with a 315/30/18 Inset: 196.8 Poke: 120.8

Which gives us an overall needed inner clearance on these wheels to fit the new of just under 3 inches, NOW for the inner measurement.

Inner rim to inner fender well 4 inches… problem area of the shock tower, inner clear 3 5/8" but we plan on cutting, grinding, heating, bending, whatever it is we need to do to get that little flap there flush.

PROBLEM, They are a bit to mexi poke for me so first intention is drop just over 1/4 an inch of poke out of the equation.

So we thought, drop to 18X12.5 +45 (just over 1/4 inch less poke) Inset:203.8 Poke 113.8

NOW, the inner clearance needed to fit that setup would end up @ 3.27 inches with the shock tower worked, I have 4 if not a touch over 4…

This leaves me with just under 3/4 of an inch of play, for articulation on a stiff suspension, what does everyone think? and remember this is a 315 on a 12.5 so the sidewall flex (as far as rubbing is concerned) wont be an issue and remember, not a track car. what are your honest opinions? I know this section isnt much for this kind of thing but it should be interesting to everyone at the least!

pictures attatched

Honest opinion? It looks like a vw and I hate it

did you read the entire post? lol it will sit in about 1/4 inch less than that, these are NOT the rims I will be running just a reference…

The opinions I am looking for are inner clearance opinions

I don’t think that’s anywhere near enough suspension play, unless you plan on never driving it and only rolling it on and off a trailer

What would you say would be good Jake? Remmeber, I am not talking up and down (plenty of room for that) I am talking the wheel cambering in under compression

from everything I am reading online I can find, on a low profile tire 3/4 is about the limit of acceptable… anyone else have input/experience?

I would drop about an inch.

Real talk

what are you talking about? How much play do you need? I am with Ron on this, I would go almost an inch

My thinking is… in the pictures there appears to be some negative camber there already and going to the outside of that tire looks to be about an inch.

You really will hate yourself and enjoy driving the car a lot more the closer you get rear camber to zero. Tires will wear alot less, you’ll actually have traction. There is nothing fun about replacing a set of 315’s on a 12 inch rim every two months

i’m thinking suspension travel, my bad. as far as camber goes, i have no idea.

Realest talk.

Cut the shit out of the inner fender and make them fit. Negative camber is gay for the rear wheels.

/Inbeforekkpostsaboutbags

Car looks stupid