Corn Will cost more next year.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iDFuqqSH3VkkbxJml19Q8ajK3zaAD8VOJF0O0

Farmers are expected to plant 86 million acres of corn this year, the Department of Agriculture predicted Monday, down 8 percent from 2007, when the amount of corn planted was the highest since World War II. The decreased supply could drive corn prices even higher — a cost for food producers that could be passed on to consumers.

S, my question is: Will they adjust the dollar menu for raising costs?

I’m sure Iran and Venezuela are already looking for ways to grow corn.

is corn syrp made from the yellow parts, or the green parts? I assume its from the kernel.

Sugar Cane

truth.
Way gooder for fuel production.

actually switch grass is the best, as it can grow in soil that most other products cant

I was more implying that soon we’ll be importing our food from unstable regions of the world as well.

Yeah the yellow parts, but a lot of food products that come from corn are not coming from the sweet corn people are used to. “Omnivore’s Dilemma” describes the industrial farming system, corn in particular, very well.

Exactly. Fucking retards. We’ll save 10% in fuel costs and FOOD will cost 25% more… and everyone consumes a LOT more food then fuel.

This is turning into such a monster clusterfuck.

Everything will always cost more next year. Pretty simple blanket statement. I can’t think of much that will cost less as years go on.

The Dollar Menu will become the Value Menu. Remember the Dollar Movie Theater? That didn’t last long before it was $2, and then $3. Even “Everything’s A Dollar” stores will probably not hold true for long (if not already).

Thank you captain obvious. Everything goes up, it’s called inflation. It’s why your grandfather who only made maybe 10k a year was still middle class.

Price increases becomes news when something like corn is trading at $5.67 a bushel and expected to top $6 while just last year it was around $3. When something critical to the food chain like corn shoots up much faster than the standard rate of inflation it’s bad news.

SO, recognizing higher demand, while limiting supplies is normal?

fucking brilliant sir.

You really want to stabilize the commodities markets? Impose a short term capital gains tax that is so massive it drives away the hedgies and other speculators. Keep the commodities markets open to the consumers only and away from the speculators.

Gas isn’t going to be cheaper, it’s going to cost more. Ethanol isn’t as efficient as gasoline.