Cossey... get to work.

I dont like skylines, but I like that one!

10,000rpms? You must be putting in some serious shit. That’s not easy task. More than just valvesprings…

JIZZ in my pants

sick ass car

and you wanna car that’ll hit 10,000rpms?

can you say rotary? hmmmm

b16b’s rev to 9200 stock… just sayin

Yes the motor will be built for sub 10K rpms. They can spin that with ease given they’re built for it. RIPS Nz’s RB30 240 spins to almost 11K. Cossey and I have yet to go over everything, but I’ve got some stuff up my sleeve in other avenues that are going to spin heads if I’m allowed to complete them(time attack rules yo,…pffft), and of course if Cossey gives the thumbs up.

Tomie 2.8L motors are around 18K for a shorty, almost 27K for a complete tallblock, and do not have alot of the work into the motor that will be completed when we’re all done.

Steve, you are more than welcome to visit me at the machine shop when I’m doing the teardown on the RB26. I’ll let you know when that happens.

I have basically shut the doors down to the shop this winter for this car and this car only. Nothing is being scheduled after Sept. Going in as is, rolling out as a ballistic monster. Gonna be a hoot to say the least and I’m looking forward to this like no other.

Actually, it’s just one B16 and it’s the Civic Type-R one and it’s rev limit is 9000. You’re also looking at a 1.6L 4 cylinder motor as opposed to a 2.6L 6 cylinder motor. It takes quite a bit to get higher displacement motors with more cylinders to rev that high, safely.

Yes… the b16b is the ctr motor and I was off by 200 rpm’s. My point is, that a highly/correctly built rb26 should have no problem revving to 10k

+3443 the “honda mindset” irritates me sometimes, a lot of people think hp/l or RPM is everything, ever looked at tq or power under the curve? :lol

What?! How did I just express the “honda mindset” all i said was that the b16b can rev to 9200… I literally said nothing else

Edit: Lances b16b revved out to 9200

yeah 9200 all day erryday. didn’t go anywhere though haha!

i dont recall typing “you” or “kevin” or “murrdog”, all i remember is saying…

verrrrrrry hard to distinguish that you weren’t aiming that at me… cmon ryan fordfail

nope, you were just assuming. dont assume, it only makes an ass out of you and me…

our and its Faildham, not Forfail :facepalm

Was not assuming… were sacrificing you at my apartment tomorrow

wat

I dont ever see a motor like that being worth 27k, so many different options out there when your talking about that kind of money.

TT LS7 the bitch! Then you wont need to revv to the moon!

700rwtq by 3200rpms what?>?

?

Ooops, I meant sub $37K msrp

TOMEI WEB カタログ.

$30-40K is an RSR 3.8L porsche engine build for that matter!

Your post = exactly my thoughts though. With those motors you’re paying for alot of generalized (tomei)performance parts which may or may not fit the car’s intended use, such as cam profiles, valvetrain, rotating assembly parts/weights/work, etc, etc. There’s also money into parts that he doesn’t need, like a front diff, with those Tomei crates. So much I could do with a motor for that kind of money :eek3