Could Nissan be bringing back the 240?

Yeah because the corvette stopped making popup headlights last year, right?[/quote]

Key word is stopped making, how many other production cars with pop up lights were also changed. The point is that you won’t see many cars going back to pop up lights.[/quote]

Thats 20 years later then the 80’s, and they were still building s13’s with popups early 90s, as well as daytonas, fieros, ect.[/quote]

Okay, so I wasn’t specific enough, I meant late 80’s, and that’s just my opinion anyways. All of those cars were phased out for a reason, besides styling and less mechanical operations, DTRLs are a common safety feature in which the car manufacturers could save money by combining the two into the one bulb/location.

Personaly I love pop up lights and I don’t care what anyone sais pop up lights are awesome and that’s why I would never do the conversion on my S13.

As for the concept car I could see it being nice with a bit of more work done to it. I think they should make it lower and wider with a longer wheel base (for drifting!) I don’t like the shifter it looks kind of cheese but then again who’s to say you can’t tell much by pictures sometimes… But yeah I could see this car coming back as a 240sx or a 240z or what ever and if they price it out in the low or high 20’s I could see it being a sucess but if the price it too high then I don’t think it will do as great. But then again who cares right now we don’t even know if the 240 will ever come back but Nissan better come up with something to attract the younger crowd and the tuner fans because right now they have nothing. They have the 350z that is unaffordable for most poeple, they have the Skyline that is unaffordable and unavailable all we are left with is the Sentra SE-R spec-V and I have driven one and honestly I wasn’t too impresed it was like a civic.

Pop-up lights will come back into style for sure, just give it some time.

that ISNT the concpet, wethere you like the shofter or the styling or not that car already came out, and its the 350z

and pop up lights rule

It’s the 350z Argue somewhere else about pop-ups :smiley:

Unlocked per Jiro’s request as he says he has something viable to add to the discussion.

If you actually pick up a copy of Speed by Road and Track, they show a 240sx in a very similiar design as the new Eclipse… That new Ugly more rounded bs design they seem to be churning out these days. There is a pic in the magazine of the car as well…

Supposedly, on the brink of it’s return because of the Drifitng craze… If it can last, we will see the 240sx once again return… however it would be slated for 2007.