Couple Q's

Anyone else able to start their car without putting in the clutch? i can, i dunno if its bad by doing it or not, but i still use my clutch just incase.

I get a small pop or two when i’m decellerating by either braking or just letting off the gas. It comes outta my exhaust. Its really annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

My Engine idles at about 700-800rpm is this normal? also it surges sometimes (i think its due to the huge stereo in the trunk) but i’m really hoping its not the alternator. any ideass?

1. Older car can start without the clutch in… either way if your car can do it there is no problem (just make sure it’s not in gear) :E

2)This is due to either back fire or un burnt gas in the exhaust system. this is also a common problem. Easy fix would be to go back to stock exhaust

1. Your engine Idle seems ok. Even turning on your headlights should bump you engine revs up. It’s normal.

the “surging” can be many different things. if you can elaborate a little more as to what its really doing we may be able to get a better idea.

starting your car without pressing the clutch in is easier on on the TOB… no need to press it in. when i was into DSM’s everyone disconnected their clutch switch so they could do that.

thought this was a standard “feature” in the 240’s. … i never had to push my clutch in … .

^^ could be, this is my first nissan so i had to ask. My acura i never had to.