No Clutch??

well i found out tonight by forgeting to push in the clutch when i started the car that i dont need it, its kinda weird, so i though i would ask why this is happening, maby theres a wire unpluged i dont know about. any help?

Nah, all 240’s are like that.

I was used to it from driving my dad’s golf and was surprised too, at first.
Welcome to 240 life! 8)

all cars are like this. It is all about tranny speed and RPM. If the tranny and engine are moving at the ame speed when you shift, it will happily switch without the use of the clutch. So I read! i never actually tried it except going from to gear to neutral without the clutch and even that scared me.

I read an article in Sport Compat Mag on heel and toeing and Tim O’Neil a rally driver who praises left foot braking has an institute and teaches how to down shift without using the clutch, there is a crazy process involved.
He also teaches other things that can be done with left foot braking like getting the rear tires to swing out without loosing traction on the front tire and stuff.

It was pretty intresting.

240sxfan,

Yes, you can both upshift and downshift without using the clutch, you have to be REALLY, REALLY precise or you’ll grind the gears. My friend was experimenting and he went from 1 to 2 with no clutch, with no grinding. I was impressed.

I’ve never tried it myself, my car is fucked enough as it is.

Either way, he was talking about clutching in on startup, not while driving.
Some have a safety mechanism thing that requires you to clutch in before you can start the engine. Not 240’s though.

its really easy, not very impressive at all

just let rpm drop slowly leave some pressure on teh shifter in the gear you want to go into and it plops right in as soon as the engine is at the correct rpm, the syncros give you a lot of play there.

LOL!!!

Can you tell i had just woken up… i just re read the post and realized how completely off topic i was… LOL

OK well my cmment on topic is yah, our cars will start up without the clutch, i got scared when i first did it accidently.
I read on here that we have the clutch interlock switch but it is only active for US cars.

Downshifting/upshifting without the clutch is easy, theres no mad crazeeee
JDM tyte heel toe uber leet jdm N1 racing secret technique… You simply
match revs to where you would be in the gear you want to go into and it
will drop right in. On our cars its really easy (because of what Sasha said
about syncros).

And for pushing the clutch in, s13s have a switch in the USA, but not here.
The S14s here have a clutch interlock switch both here and USA.

k thanx everyone, now i know, its not big deal to me my crx was the same way, and the thing about shifting with out the clutch, super duper easy… like it was said match the rpms for each gear, then the gear will slip in with no problems, used to drive the crx like that all the time.

Like I said, I’ve never tried it so I don’t know how easy it is 8) .

But I have no reason not to believe you all, so I guess it’s easy! lol.