Weird revving

Hey, so I managed to fix my wagging engine idle. It turns out it’s the ignition coil pack (these fail on a consistent basis, FYI). Once it was fixed, I took a long test drive. Went on the highway with a bit of stop-and-go traffic. Here’s where the problem starts, once congestion was clear, I punched the gas but the car didn’t respond, but the engine still revved like it should. So literally, I was jus cruising from the car’s momentum. Once I got home, I realized that I could engage 1st gear, release the clutch and the car won’t STALL!
anyone else had this problem or solution to it? I’m frustrated as hell cause I fixed one problem only to have another surface

clutch

^^^ yup… I had the same problem.

J

I had a feeling it was the clutch but there’s a 6 puck stage 2 clutch in there already and I don’t ride (at least I try not to). It seems like it only happened when the car was warm cause it happened after my stop-and-go traffic on the highway.
Is there a possibility that the clutch is stuck even though the pedal still has spring action?

hey Emilio, still haven’t sold your prelude yet?
no luck on TPC eh?

nope, I’ve still got it. :frowning:

When we finished dropping in my bro’s Redtop, we fired it up and tried to go for a drive… it wouldn’t grab at all. We were able to release the clutch while in gear and it wouldn’t stall just like you said.

when we dropped the tranny and took the clutch disc off, it was completely shot.

E

so is there a solution to this problem?
cause it’s kinda dangerous for me to drive long trips and then have the clutch fail on me.

what kinda solution you looking for? just replace the clutch.

sound relatively simple. Sorry to sound dumb about this, I never had this kind of problem with my other cars. THe problem only occurs when I drive on the highway or when the weather is warm to hot.
I thought it would be complicated mechanical issue

Gilman Auto can do the install for a pretty good price… you’ll probably have to source out your own clutch though

nope, I’ve still got it. :frowning:

When we finished dropping in my bro’s Redtop, we fired it up and tried to go for a drive… it wouldn’t grab at all. We were able to release the clutch while in gear and it wouldn’t stall just like you said.

when we dropped the tranny and took the clutch disc off, it was completely shot.

E[/quote]

I have the exact same problem, except I just changed my clutch less than 3 weeks ago. I put in an exedy stage2. I also changed my clutch master and slave at the same time. it was fine until today, I was coming off the 410 at courtney park and the car gave a bit of a jerk like your rev’s are too low and you are going to stall did this twice and then no movement? The weird thing is that when you start it, like above 1st gear or any gear is like neutral. but if you accidently :slight_smile: leave it in a gear and try to push it in the driveway the transmission engages?? this puzzles me because if the car is running and in gear and isn’t hooking up why would it hook up when the engine isn’t running?

bad pilot bushing?

that was new as well same time as clutch.

I dunno if your problem is the same as mine, but it seems that the proportioning block was trapping moisture and apparently caused this problem. I jus unhooked the metal line from the Master clutch cylinder and connected directly to the clutch line…problem solved…hope that helps