clutch problems!

ok, clutch pedal is normally adjusted…but im not getting anything from starting from a stop…like i have to rev it really high just to keep it from stalling…or i have to back it up a hill and start rolling forward to avoid stalling…like im trying to start in 3rd gear instead of first…but im definitely in first…HELP! :(:frowning:

uhh what

clutch pedal normally adjusted?

you can adjust your clutch pedal?

you sure there isn’t something wrong with the motor?

like the freeplay is adjusted…thats what i meant…and no theres nothing wrong with the motor…it backs up without a problem…

Check your clutch fork pivot. I’m guessing since you’ve adjusted the pedal, this is a cable transmission so theres no possibilities for air to be bled out…

Also, state the mileage for the car, if it feels different while moving, etc. We need details dude.

kill it with fire.

got about 134k on it, only does it in 1st…backing up no problems at all…also real shitty low end grunt to get going…but once im going im fine…

cars rpms drop real low when im lettin go of the clutch (starting from stop) almost stalls…have to keep it revved up real high…

oh…and its a new clutch…

if the clutch really is non-hydrolic sounds like maybe the cable is loose?

new clutch… new flywheel surface? who adjusted it, is it correct? and are you sure. low end grunt is bad… imagine that, its a 80hp 1.6liter.

ill check the cable in the AM

im pretty sure the flywheel wasnt resurfaced…ill check my receipts though to double check…and please no knocking the car…i just want to figure out whats wrong with it so i can drive it…

itll knock on its own, dont worry… the is probably the mating surface isnt true and its real touchy because of it.

LOLZ 40r…

As for the new clutch. What is included with this new clutch? Is it a Stage 14++ solid disk?

I wasn’t kidding when I said details.:ponder

oem/oem equivalent parts…new throwout and pilot bearings and new disc and pressure plate…

you pretty much just wasted a shitload of time/money if you didnt resurface the flywheel… who does that?

40r’s got the biggest possibility. If you’ve replaced that much it’s more than likely just the uneven mating surfaces not matching up.

FWDs use pilot bearings? news to me.

apparently pepboys does…ill get the car there and complain til they fix it for free…

probably…that makes sense…but im also going to check the clutch cable in the AM as well…

is there any possibility that it will correct itself?

i dont think so, if your lucky you can just tighten it maybe take the slack out of it. it would be more noticable in first if it was loose like you say stalling…

It’s just going to cause improper wear of the clutch, it’ll wear faster, probably cause a shudder and will never feel right…

one more reason you do it yourself…

and FWD with pilot bearing, yeah dont that see that often

you think pep boys would really do that? I wouldnt put it past them but that would be really be balls… if they have no reciept for sending it out then id flip shit cuz we know they cant turn flywheels there, or maybe they installed a new flywheel but youd have a recipt for that.