Couple Updates to the CTS-V

I have now had the car for over a year and put around 12k miles on it. While I really liked the car it was time to start making it my own. I have already put 50% Crystalline tint and swapped the interior bulbs out for LEDs, but it was time for more. I ordered up some parts and found some great deals on used stuff as well and have done all the below in the past month or so.

Borla Cat-Back (with secondary cat delete)
Airaid Intake
Hydro-carbon rear valence
HID 55W 5,000k fogs (not pictured)
Plasti-Dip lower lip and fog light surround

Intake alone really increased the “fun” factor of the car, manufacturer claims over 20, but without a dyno who knows if it adds any horsepower. If a few extra hp were a by-product, great. The supercharger screaming when you get on it is a great sound.
Borla exhaust was a great solution for someone looking for hwy cruising silence, no drone but some additional low end ruble at start-up and roars when you get on it. While it does not sound a ton louder inside the car due to the sound deadening, after having someone do a few pass with me outside the car you can really hear the difference.

Looks good man :tup:

I also plan on ripping off the Airaid badg and putting a GM performance parts sticker (ordered yesterday from ihatesticker) or maybe leaving it bare. The yellow sticker is drawing too much attention.

As always, clean and neat. I like it.

ugh soooo hot

I love this.

I think the engine bay needs more plastic

^Agree.

Thank god for Plasti-Dip.

F that engine bay.

I usually have the engine cover off. Removing it might cool it down slightly. Only benefit of having it on might be quieting it down.

Reminds me of the 1.8t motor, only with 600,000 times more jams.

I appreciate your dedication to these cars.

LSX’s make my dick hard.

As do I with yours.
After moving to Detroit out of college I swore I would never buy an American car. Actually grew up with my dad and grandfather driving only German cars and I also loved the 300zx. I originally planned to pickup a G35, but after talking with co-workers I bought a Saab as a compromise. Then someone mentioned the CTS-V. At the time I couldn’t pick one up but I started reading about them. I really liked the blend of comfort/luxury and performance. Are they as refined as their Euro counterparts; no. But they are also more affordable and I like them a little more raw.
I still plan on owning plenty of German, Japanese or other manufacturers during my lifetime but for now this vehicle fits the need. Heck, I test drove and almost bought an M5 before picking up this car.

Funny I had one of those as well. I am

But I will avoid painting the engine bay.

http://ronoversiii.com/Images/engine_bay.jpg

Looks awesome Ron… bet the borla sounds great when going WOT.

I like it.

Got any more shots to show the difference before/after with the 50% Crystalline tint?

Not my car but a before…

Thanks for the pics…Looks awesome. :tup:

That would be like saying “I’m not 100% sure I want to take that good looking slut home who loves to fuck.” “Maybe I should go for her fat friend instead.” Anyone that picks anything, including steaming dog shit over a BMW, gets a :bigtup: from me. AIDS would be a better choice then a BMW.

ROFL^

I must wonder… was there a bmw that broke your poor heart in the past that you are not telling me about/reason for all the angst.