Coy Wire

I read a Buffalo News article that he has put on 20 lbs of muscle in less then 2 years and is now 220 lbs.
“A reporter joked recently that Wire looks like he’s been hanging around BALCO Laboratory.”
I remember a couple years ago when he was like 180 lbs and registering negative body fat on one of the machines in the pre-season.
Coy’s reason for getting big:
“No, not at all, but my fiancee has been feeding me a lot of raw meat and peanut butter,”
I have met Coy and he was a nice guy, but thats not from meat and peanut butter diet.

got proof?

hey man as long as he can pass the piss tests who cares. also he’ll need all that wieght goin from saftey to linebacker

sure it is, he has had extensive training and knows how to put muscle on. Being big is his job. while we work for 40+hrs a week, he is running around doing drills. eating. and hitting the weights.

While would find this hard to believe for your everyday working man, but being in shape is this guys job.

These guys get feed 3 times a day buffet style at the ralph. The lounge, locker room, and weight room are loaded with high calorie Gatorade energy drinks, Gatorade Protein bars, and more snacks then you can imagine. All these guys do is eat a workout.

[quote=“BigRon”"]

I read a Buffalo News article that he has put on 20 lbs of muscle in less then 2 years and is now 220 lbs.
“A reporter joked recently that Wire looks like he’s been hanging around BALCO Laboratory.”
I remember a couple years ago when he was like 180 lbs and registering negative body fat on one of the machines in the pre-season.
“No, not at all, but my fiancee has been feeding me a lot of raw meat and peanut butter,”
I have met Coy and he was a nice guy, but thats not from meat and peanut butter diet.

[/quote]

20lbs of muscle is nothing for someone whose job is to lift weights…awful strong accusations without proof.

yeah seriously, unless u have some proof, your an asshole.
20 pounds is nothing
especially considering the weight he started from was when he was a ROOKIE, id say a football players body will increase a lot from the transition to college to PROFESSIONAL
not to mention form age 21-25 or whatever he is

noodz?

i would bet $$ that i could put on 20 pounds in less then 2 years with out roids. hell, if i started working out i KNOW that i’d put on 5-10 pounds in the first month… i do it every time i start working out but i always loose interest and stop

wooaaaa, maybe 5 lbs but 10 is pushing it.:wink:

I just put on 10 pounds in 2 weeks, and all I did was eat more food (5 meals a day instead of three) and start working out again.

All football players do is eat and train. 20 pounds over an offseason (4 months?) isn’t outside the realm of possibility.

Zach thomas trimmed down to a lesser fat percentage one season… and he said he didn’t have the energy… I can’t believe wire was 180 - 200 at one time… that spot he has he has gotta get some momentum going when he’s gotta clog that hole and hit some 220-230lb running backs

Barry Bonds went from 186 to 225 and it is “obviously steroids”.
I take a quote out of a newspaper mentioning Coy and roids, but never made that claim myself and I am an asshole?
I am saying he is probably on at least protein and maybe creatine, not just raw meat and peanut butter.
And yes I think gaining 20 lbs of pure muscle in 2 years without supplements is possible but very difficult. (I was a raw powerlifter in college and my roommate was an all-natural bodybuilder so I am not dumb on the subject.)

This guy has been in the league since 2002, you don’t think he has been lifting and eating then as well?

Here is the article where the “asshole” reporter is quoted:
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/145541.html

Also, he is 28.

[quote=“BigRon,post:13,topic:34778"”]

I take a quote out of a newspaper mentioning Coy and roids, but never made that claim myself and I am an asshole??

[/quote]

It’s Midge X. Read his custom title. Nobody listens to him anyway :wink:

I am saying he is probably on at least protein and maybe creatine, not just raw meat and peanut butter.

[/quote]

Most definitely on protein. Maybe creatine but I am not sure whether the NFL drug policy lists creatine as an illegal substance.

(I was a raw powerlifter in college and my roommate was an all-natural bodybuilder so I am not dumb on the subject.)

[/quote]

MAybe you can answer a question for me. What exactly is an “all natural” bodybuilder? I’ve heard and read different things.

Is it someone who just eats right and doesn’t take any supplements at all (including protein shakes, creatin, etc.) or is that not right?

All-natural is just no roids, andro or anything illegal. Supplements and protein are fine.
In JP pre-draft thing he made a big deal about being a gym rat and how he loved creatine so I doubt its banned

my head is going to explode from all the idiot comments in here

his reason for getting big is because of the postion switch to line backer thats why he had to put on the weight! and he was just drug tested a few days after the last pre season game! if he is still on the roster sunday or we do not see anything in the paper i guess he is clean

[quote=“BigRon,post:16,topic:34778"”]

All-natural is just no roids, andro or anything illegal. Supplements and protein are fine.
In JP pre-draft thing he made a big deal about being a gym rat and how he loved creatine so I doubt its banned

[/quote]

this is ture! if the nfl was against protien and creatine every nfl player would be banned all that shit is in the weight rooms and locker rooms. the nfl does not have a banned on any protien creatine or anything like that.

the nfl does do random drug testing for any type of HGH, roids, coke, weed etc…

^ not HGH you have to take muscle tissue to test for that