Cracked wheel...pleae help!!!

Somehow the wheel cracked on my GTP. I took it to where I got the tired b/c I had the road hazard. They took the tire off and right by the lip there was a 1 and 1/2 inch crack. My question is I heard that the 98 pace car wheels are a different shade of silver. If so does anyone know where I can get a used one as cheap as possible. Also can it be repaired, I can’t see why it couldn’t be mig welded on the crack and cleaned up. Any help will be aprecciated. The sooner the better considering I have rubber sealer holding the crack for now.

you could try to get it V grooved then tig’d then smoothed out if it will hold

if its alum. you need TIG but i seen wheels that were welded… they dont last long till they crack again

I thought you could mig as long as you changed the spool…anyways if it comes down to it anyone on here repair wheels?

Pm pewter and ask him for naylor tires phone number. Im sure he can fix it and Im sure ull be please with his work.

welding on top ofa crack does nothing to the reinforcement. that is why you need to V groove it if you can. that way when you fill it with the rod filler and melt the sides into it becomes structure again.

you can weld and hold but Tig is neater and can control it alot better when doing little things like a cracked rim

again this is where you dont have a clue about the subject. and dont say you can weld i seen the bubble gum you have done…aka muffler

contact domination. he has a tig and can weld aluminum. he possibly can do the rim for you and isnt far from you

all i told him is that he would need a tig… and as for the muffler… jeff welded the muffler from 1st try… so i guess your saying his work sucks then?

no the fart can you put on the cobalt of that poor kids
you said he needs a tig but he could get away with a mig. know facts first

![http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Rear Side Dark.JPG](http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/Rear Side Dark.JPG)

:dunno: does anyone see anything wrong with that weld job?

ebay- i had one crack on my gtp also

50 bucks. Its all in the preheat. If for some reason it doesn’t work I won’t charge you, and if there are any problems down the road with the same area I’ll refund you.