Craft Beer

Looking to free up my beer cellar as it has expanded a lot. Be prepared to show your ID as I will not sell without seeing it in person. All of these beers cellar/age well as they are high percentage beers. I’m looking for $200 for all of these which is a fair price considering the retail value and rarity of some of the bottles. I will update this thread later with some pictures and better descriptions. All bottles are unopened. A lot of them are sipping beers meant to be shared with one or two people.

2012 Goose Island King Henry: Best barley wine I’ve ever had hands down
Aged in bourbon barrels, King Henry is a burgundy hued English-style barleywine with aromas of vanilla, oak, and dark fruit. Caramel and toffee flavors blend together with bold notes of bourbon delivered in a smooth body followed by a malty finish. No matter the occasion, King Henry promises a regal drinking experience. ABV 13.4

2012 Fire Stone Sucuba (Abacus): Big boozy bourbon and American oak aromas combined with soft chocolate malty undertones. Complex malt flavors framed in oak, with hints of dark chocolate, vanilla, tobacco, coconut and just a touch of dark cherry. ABV:13

2011 Deschutes The Abyss Reserve
: A deep, dark Imperial Stout, The Abyss has almost immeasurable depth and complexity. Hints of molasses, licorice and other alluring flavors make it something not just to quaff, but contemplate. ABV:11

2012 Old Rasputin XIV
: The depth, intensity, and complexity of the flavor profile of this special release, like its predecessors, make it a worthy tribute to Old Rasputin. ABV: 11.5

2011 Brooklyn Black Ops: Brooklyn Black Ops does not exist. However, if it did exist, it would be a robust stout concocted by the Brooklyn brewing team under cover of secrecy and hidden from everyone else at the brewery. Supposedly Black Ops was aged for four months in bourbon barrels, bottled flat, and re-fermented with Champagne yeast, creating big chocolate and coffee flavors with a rich underpinning of vanilla-like oak notes. They say there are only 1,000 cases. We have no idea what they’re talking about. ABV: 10.7

Stone Belgo Anise: Big roasty, chocolate character, hints of licorice and coffee - a great twist on an old favorite. ABV: 10.5

(2) 2011 Dogfish Head 120 IPA: 120 Minute is brewed to a colossal 45-degree plato, boiled for a full two hours while being continuously hopped with high-alpha American hops, then dry-hopped daily in the fermenter for a month and aged for another month on whole-leaf hops! ABV: 15-20

2010 Dogfish World Wide Stout: Brewed with a ridiculous amount of barley, World Wide Stout is dark, rich, roasty and complex ABV: 15-20

(2) 2011 Dogfish Head Palo Santo: An unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented brown ale aged in handmade wooden brewing vessels. The caramel and vanilla complexity unique to this beer comes from the exotic Paraguayan Palo Santo wood from which these tanks were crafted. ABV: 12

2011 Dogfish Head Black and Blue:A belgian-style Golden Ale fermented with blackberries and blueberries. ABV: 10

(2)2011 Dogfish Head Burton Baton: English-style Old Ale and an Imperial IPA. After fementating the separate beers in our stainless tanks, the two are transferred and blended together in one of our large oak tanks. Burton Baton sits on the wood for about a month. ABV:10

(2)2011 Dogfish Head Oldeschool: Fermented with dates and figs, this bone-crusher has a completely unique flavor. ABV:13-16

2012 Great Divide Oaked Aged Yeti: Yeti Imperial Stout’s sophisticated sibling. They may be from the same clan, but they have entirely different personalities. Oak aging gives a subtle vanilla character, rounding out Yeti’s intense roastiness and huge hoppy nature. ABV: 9.5

(2)2011 Dogfish Head Immort Ale: Maple syrup, peat-smoked barley, juniper berries, and vanilla. Fermented with a blend of English & Belgian yeasts, then aged in the big oak tanks at the brewery. ABV:11

2011 Dogfish Head Fort: An ale brewed with a ridiculous amount of pureed raspberries (over a ton of em!). ABV: 15-20

2011 Dogfish Head Bitches Brew
: A bold, dark beer that’s a fusion of three threads imperial stout and one thread honey beer with gesho root, a gustatory analog to Miles’ masterpiece. ABV: 9

Finally a thread I can appreciate!

In all seriousness, I will pass this along to my beer club. I’ve had all of these, very good and not bad prices.

Hahaha. They are all very good and make excellent aging candidates.

Burton Baton does not age well, IMO. Have a few bottles remaining from when it first came out vs. the freshest stuff and of course the freshest stuff dominates due to the hops which would make sense. Wish you had some more rare stuff though :frowning:

glws

I enjoyed burton aged. At the end of the day beer is purely based on ones taste and taste is purely subjective. I know some people who absolutely dislike Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Yet I enjoy it very much and its regarded as one of the best. If you do a search on Beer Advocate you will see others have had success with aging it also. And I do have more rare stuff like Thee Floyds Dark Lord, CC Hunahpuh, Fat Tuesday, Sexual Chocolate, KBS, CBS, Beatification, I could go on but I will just stop there. I’m not willing to part with those though.

Nice list. I’ve been aging some Old School for about 6 months and just started aging some 120min, it’s gonna be hard to wait!

I’ve either had it all or currently have it all. KBS needs to be aged slightly to be real good; not over powering in bourbon flavor like some of the other bourbon stouts on the market. But the only thing I would say to be rare there is the Dark Lord and isn’t all THAT rare. Cool collection regardless.

EDIT: and disappoint in you supporting AB-Inbev :frowning:

Every one of those beers DL, CC, Fat, SC, CBS, ect are not even allocated anywhere in WNY. But I get what you’re saying if you live in other parts of the country you can pick up some KBS and CBS, but even then it doesnt last long on the shelves. Good luck getting a CC Hunapuh, just like Dark Lord it is distributed one day a year. Doubt you will find a FT or SC on the shelves any where also. Beatification isn’t rare, unless you live in California where you can go to RR and pick it up but mostly every one who picked it up at RR horded it and it is pulling Dark Lords, King Henry and others in trades. Regardless of how hard they are to get I think we can both agree that we wouldn’t turn down a glass of any of them if offered. Just out of curiosity, what would you consider rare, just pm me because this thread is getting to long with all of our replies. Glad some one else on these boards knows a lot about beer.

Well I travel a lot from here to Ohio and sometimes to Michigan and along the way, I’ve made friends with all the right people at the right places that hold the beers for me. Also have friends in Cali and Texas that get me stuff I want or need. As for stuff not distributed into NY, I get the concept of rarity, especially for the people that never seem to leave the state, ever. But for me, I have Pliny, Blind Pig, Real Ale Coffee Porter, some Maui stuff, Abyss, KBS, CBS, Breakfast Stout (not rare whatsoever), Samichlaus from 07, Triplebock, all of the Westvleterns, etc all in my basement currently. Not trying to brag, but for me, no beer is rare; if I want it, I get it somehow. Never been a fan of CC beers to really be wowed into trying something touted.

But fyi, I was told that NY will start seeing Founders distrbuted between May and June.

Just added bitches brew to the list and I will drop the price down to $180. Free delivery if you would like within a reasonable distance.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Also added Immort Ale.

some good choices in there!

$160 :beer:

Consider it sold. Deliver to my shop?

pm sent.

jason, lmk when youre looking to drink this, and if you need a hand…

I’ll put some sort of gathering together over the Summer, here at the shop.

BAM! Great seller, and all around good dude. Thanks!

Thanks Jason. Hope you guys enjoy the brews, watch out they will sneak up on you quick!

Yep, looking forward to the rare occasions I’ll pop one of these, and believe me, I know the dangers of the double-digit beers well.

12 minutes to get home. Good buyer, good seller.

hah! I’ll let you know when there’s a tasting party at Casa Dale. You can crash on the couch.