Crazy money Yenko

you can roll that thing through barrett jackson all day long and it will probably bring low 2s. all because of the nameplate.

$140k and no reserve met…5 mins left!

145k and reserve not met. someone prob set the reserve high though to see what it could bring though. i agree it is a little absurd to pay that much. but the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it.

A beautiful, completely resored, '69 COPO 427 Camaro replica went for $49k at barrett jackson last night. It may be a replica, but it is a much better buy IMO. Of course I only care about driving them, not showing them.

My luck, I’d buy it and would catch on fire.

Or fall off the delivery truck LOL

It’s all about the value you attach to exclusivity. Like SixSpeed said, a sexy replica just went for $49k, but SP71 worked with an original that ended up at $400k. There is something cool about owning a real piece of history, though I agree that personally, I would rather have a replica driver…but then I’m not a billionaire.

haha so true. I was talkin a few mechanics about that same situation…

but ill own the other half lol
sorry to break that to ya

If you want a driver then sure its a good deal… although, I would take off the Yenko badges and just roll the SS or Z package… that would be domestic rice to me… to be rollin down the road with the Yenko badges, fuck that!

But there are TONS of people that rock Yenko badges on replicas and try to pass them off as the real deal

There are also TONS of ricers with Type-R badges on their LHD Civics… doesn’t make them cool either :rofl:

Import Rice… Domestic Rice… same difference… there all idiots.