Crf450

Anyone have one or ridden one? I’m thinking about buying one instead of a 2stroke this summer. I miss having dirt bikes.

Thoughts on them. All I hear is how far four strokes have come since the mid 90s, but I have yet to find out for myself.

Actually thinking about possibly going supermoto at some point if I get one.

from what i hear, those r the most versitile, best overall mx bike in its class (including 2stroke 250s). i havent heard one bad thing about the bikes atall. i’d say go for it, u cant lose. it has smoother power than the yamaha, better handling too. plus more hp than the 2stroke bikes. one thing to consider…the yamaha will be redesigned for 06. i dunno how much that matters to u or what. also, in stock form the new 05 Suzuki handles awesome but is slightly down on power to the 05 CRF, but it responds better to bolt-ons. so a simple exhaust will bring that bike to life…some other options to keep in mind. i am still a 2stroke guy for now, so i’d take a 250 though. :spank:

I’m a 2stroke guy too. I was looking at the new RM250s. The CRF caught my eye in the showroom. I’ve ridden the yamaha. Tons of torque, and I heard the CRF’s have even more grunt.

I’m going to have to ride one, I guess.

the new RM250s r supposedly amazing. the last 2 years they finally have a really fast engine. plus since the 01 chassis upgrade, the handling has been amazing. and no matter what that RM will handle better than the CRF. so i guess it goes back to the 2strok vs 4 stroke thing. if u go 2stroke, then i say RM or YZ (although the new KX is supposedly good in 05). but if u go 4stroke, i say the Honda will be the safest, best overall choice. but i’d love to get that new RMZ 450, just cause im a suzuki fan.

I"ve also never heard a bad word about the CRF… i like yamahas so i would want the YZF, but no doubt, i’ve heard the CRF 's power is much easier to handle to the average joe, and of course has enough power for anyone.

u can never go wrong with a honda …

wing wing wing wing > faaaaaaaaaaart

except every cr125 since theyve been aluminum :kiss: