Opinions on a bike for me

I have a bit of trouble deciding on which bike I would like to get. I have been a Yamaha rider since i started riding 10yrs ago. Since I made the mistake of riding Kurts 125 Ive been itchin to pick up a bike again.

I can get a deal on any YZ I want but Ive been looking into Hondas and really like what I see.

riding 10 years and dumped my bike in the first 5min you rode it? :ugh2:

I vote 450 - you can’t go wrong with a bigger motor

too much for anythign around here

I like this one

http://www.wrm-motorcycles.com/ing/index.asp?pag=moto

so is any car that can go faster than 65mph, but that never stopped us. I hear from riders that 250 is better than 125 because of torque, so a 450 must be even better. :dunno:

well add the YZ 250F 4 Stroke to the list

i would take the 450f off and add the 250f

i cant edit the poll? :dunno:

are you buying new or used? thahelps determine the make and model. yamahas seem to be good every year and hondas have their good years and bad. i would say get a 250f or 250 2stroke.

brand spankin new

now that i talked to some people about the 250f im almost dead set on it

go get it

get it ride it and have fun with it !!!

the 250f is real nice to ride. I just would have some concerns about reliabilty and rebuild costs. I would probably get the aluminum frame yz250 2 stroke.

i think u should know already which suits your style…a 2stroke or a 4stroke. if u r super agressive, then u want a 2stroke. if u dont like to rev the bike alot, then a 4stroke. do u do alot of trail riding? if so 4stroke has the advantage. a 4stroke will cost more as far as parts, but you dont need to maintenence them as often, so i say the cost of up-keep equals out. after u decide what you want, 2 or 4stroke…then what size? u had a yz250 before, did u feel it was too much of a handful at times, or the right amount? also, if u do trail ride sometimes and go w/ a stroke, a 125 can be a bitch at times. i say if u want a good all-around do it all bike, then look at the yz250f or crf250r. if u get a 125, then go w/ a rm, yz or ktm. a 2stroke 250, then yz, rm or kx. 450f, i’d say rm crf or yzf.

not trying to start that arguement all over, but Redline was the kx really all that fast as it is said to be?..also, kurt can u post a pic of the other side of the bike (right side) just sitting by itself if u get a chance.

i say 4 stroke 450F . i rode 2 stroke 250 for 5 years, then i picked up a 600 MX 4 stroke. After having this i wouldn’t go back to a 2 stroke. the thing that is a pain is kick starting a 4 stroke is harder than a 2. My bike is alot of bike to handle, lots of power, climb hills in 3rd or 4th. I usually win holeshots against my friend and he has an 04 yz250 with a bunch o crap.
just my .02

it wasnt a matter of to much power, i came up through his yard a bit throttle happy and hit a sheet of ice called his driveway, i didnt have a chance

i dunno i’m not much of a rider but it was comin up on me in 4th and i was tryin to keep it down (leaning forward) but what the hell do i know about bikes.

ignore the mess i have to clean it but my hose was frozen and i havne’t gotten the pressure washer yet

word on the street is it’s not the stock compression anymore either