Crysis Demo released today

Here is a rig related question. If I wanted to upgrade to an AMD 64 X2 from my regular AMD Athlon 64, assuming that both use 939 socket, am I able to do that?

I was just checking the pricing and I can get an X2 4200 Manchester for about $60 bucks.
Then toss in a nice video card and I am good to go.

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:21,topic:37644"”]

Here is a rig related question. If I wanted to upgrade to an AMD 64 X2 from my regular AMD Athlon 64, assuming that both use 939 socket, am I able to do that?

I was just checking the pricing and I can get an X2 4200 Manchester for about $60 bucks.
Then toss in a nice video card and I am good to go.

[/quote]

It all depends on the motherboard. Check your motherboard manufacturer’s website for those kinds of answers or post what kind of motherboard you have and one of the NYSpeeders might know off the top.

Then again its just a demo, and the odds of the drivers being optimized better come a week or so after release is pretty good. Also Apparently the demo version of the game doesn’t utilize multiple threads. If your bios allows it, turn one of your cores off, and you’ll notice the game has the same performance. Also, sli and crossfire give no noticeable difference in the demo version. The full version of the game should run much smoother. Ive got mine preordered. And expect to get a steady 30-40 fps, maxed when it comes out.

Been playing through the actual game, and so far COD4 >>> Crysis. This game has some neat abilities but the game play kinda sucks so far…

yeah, I have to agree if not for the AI alone.

Crysis is a monster to get looking even remotely good and the AI was SUPPOSED to be great, but it was a huge let down (maybe I need a faster rig to take advantage of it?)

on the other hand, COD4 sucks because the game is so short. Was kind of a let down… but the game itself was pretty badass

I played it for awhile yesterday, a game hasnt made my jaw drop to the floor with the graphics in a long time. Of course having a nice new computer sure does help :slight_smile: I still can’t even run it on very high… but thats ok, I didn’t buy two video cards and it runs awesome at 1920x1080 on almost all high so I shouldn’t complain… fantastic game, plays like a good action movie :slight_smile: