Culture in Buffalo?

once you get past all the bullshit of buffalo its pretty nice. In the summer sunset is right around the corner, TITS (in the square and on the beach) sabres are awsome , bills games are fun to tail gate at, all kinds of museums parks and little nature type stuff.

Either you can sit in your house n say how gay buffalo is or get out n look for stuff to see.

if only i could be the person to go see all the cool stuff around here instead of saying IM BORED all the time.

+1

I’m from Manhattan, originally the village, and I would say Buffalo has plenty of culture. Enough said.

www.buffalochatter.com ?

There is def. plenty of cool shit here. The summer, spring and fall are great. Lots of history and culture for sure.

Go hangout at the Perry projects or the westside on a Friday night. You will be culturized in no time.
My one friend would always bitch about how much B-lo sucks, then he decided to take a semester at Monterey Bay, cali. Turned out the weather was just as warm if not warmer here in the fall and the city/night-life was about the same. After one semester he decided to come back and go back to buff-state.

^^^Pussy. :bloated:

i took an unintentional 4am piss in the perry projects before and i survived

Looks like I’ve got a nice top ten list (in no particular order). I’m going to avoid dining. Everyone knows buffalo is a great place to get fat. Instead I’m focusing on primarily outdoor summer activities that are cheap or free. The best part is I’m just scratching the surface.

1. Olmsted Park System
  2. Albright Knox
  3. Botanical Gardens
  4. Basilica of Our Lady of Victory
  5. Art Park Outdoor Ampitheater
  6. Shakespear in Delaware Park
  7. Buffalo Naval Park
  8. Old Fort Niagara
  9. Thursdays at the Square
  10. Canal Concert Series

Most of this stuff I haven’t been to myself. Looks like my dog and I have a bunch of places to wander around this summer. :smiley:

buffalo has great weather for making babies…

then you have to work so much, you dont get to take them to all the interesting places :smiley:

Move to Ohio and you will quickly realize how cultured Buffalo is!!

Thought of another one. Sort of.

Into nature? Birdwatching in particular? You’re less than an hour and a half away from the Roger Tory Peterson Institute in Jamestown.

The mission of the Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History is to continue the legacy of Roger Tory Peterson by promoting the teaching and study of nature, and to thereby create knowledge of and appreciation and responsibility for the natural world.

Named in honor of America’s preeminent naturalist of the twentieth century, the Institute is based in Jamestown, NY, the birthplace of Dr. Peterson. The facility was built, in part, to house the lifetime body of work of this great naturalist. The primary objective of the Roger Tory Peterson Institute is to promote nature study in the classroom.

http://www.rtpi.org/

the erie county historical society is pretty cool too. makes you have a lot of respect for this city and how grand it once used to be.

also all the great architecture in buffalo is another draw (city hall, guaranty building, darwin d. martin house, etc.)

thats why i love living in north buffalo, its so close to all this stuff.

yea, i love the west side, but north buff is a good compromise between suburban style neighborhoods but still in the city where the action is

cool thing about city hall is it was commissioned before the depression, but the dep hit when they were supposed to start construction. most buildings were haulted at that time, but they still built city hall.

and it’s on the national register. so all that 6-7 digit masonary work that was done last summer was paid by the state/nation

:tspry:

you know your stuff. Buffalo rules for a lot of reasons…

i go to school for env. planning and design, and architecture. shiet chea s0n

Yo man we should go up in the clock tower sometime…

ive heard its gnar…

i’ve never been up there. lets do it! im in either hayes, crosyby, or parker (or whatever its called, where steiners arc history II class is) mon-thurs. im always chillin in that hayes comp lab

haha steiner is a bitch

the burchfield center in west seneca on union and clinton always has little shows going on over there.

And they have a nature walk along the creek also. Kinda cool to do