Custom Exhaust Question

I am in the process of putting a custom 3" exhaust on my s13. Now that it is about to be put in place i need to install a few brakets to support the piping. I need to get some universal brakets… does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

scott

Suggestions on what? Which brackets to use, or where to get them? Just hit up a muffler shop if you need some, they should have what you need.

unweld the old brackets or the muffler shop can weld hooks for you.

What about where to get a 3" in/out muffler for a good price?
Do these even exist?Uusually its 3" in 4+" out

Also, any suggestions for places to build me an exhaust would be good too.
Thanks,
Matt

PARK MUFFLER, i just got a full custom system made there, could not be more pleased

nothing but good things to say, silvia_13 also got a system made there and he was very happy with it

many other people have had work done by them on this board, they should be a sponsor… make sure to tell them you are in the the necc car club cause they pretty much will give you a discount

that is if you need advice on a shop

so how much are you looking to spend when you get a custom 3’ exhaust as compared to buying a catback?

Depends, on whether the custom job has one or two mufflers and whether it is welded together or crush bent.

How about for a custom 3" mandrel turbo back. With resonator and muffler?
Maybe a flexpipe for teh DP as well.
Any estimations?

my estimate would be around 600, sounds like some intense work.

“UNWELD” HAHAHAHA…anyways I would guess around $800.

Mandrel bends are definitely not cheap.

yeah, about 25 a bend

ummmmmm just get a catback. its not that expensive around 600 or so… plus trying to imitate a tuner catback prensents to be a tough job to get everything to sit perfect and look good.not ending up with a tip angled at the ground or a bend that rubs the sway bar when u corner hard.my advise would be get a catback.and if u cant afford it get a used one…

They dont make them for the NX, that i know of.

EDIT:
Oh, just found one. Hopefully they ship to Canada.

ummmmmmm he said it was for an s13 not b13 :yawinkle:

ummmmmmm he said it was for an s13 not b13 :yawinkle:[/quote]

Ya, but im talking about my project. :thumb