Beware - Custom Exhausts

Well, I was getting some exhaust work done yesturday and the exhaust shop found something very interesting in my 3" system (This was the system on the car when I bought it)

The previous builder had left a 2.25" flange in one of the connections and had just welded a 3" flange onto it to make it appear as though the flange was 3". —> Ghetto

Needles to say this has been a major bottleneck in my exhaust.

Early results are showing that I previously made 16psi at 4,600rpm doing a 4th gear pull on the highway. Last night I made 20psi at 4,600 with the new flange.

When you get something custom made…always ask to see the work! Always understand what you are paying for!

Cheap bastards! I hate that crap! Atleast you didn’t pay for it … but someone got ripped.

Who does your exhaust work if you don’t mind me asking?

I go to Preferred Muffler and Brake in Oakville on Speers Road. Talk to Bill, Johnny or Danny.

I haven’t had much done there but what I have had has been perfect. They are good guys there that like fun cars…so they know to take their time and do it well.

They also have a big pipe mandrel bender so can pretty much make any decent exhaust you need.

Design your own and oversee the build…

Can Prefferred to large, gradual, radius bends?

Gonad go to J&R to get an exhaust.

why not get one of the high end exhausts from like HKS, Blitz, RS*R ? They don’t cost that much more than a custom exhaust anyways… and you know you are getting a quality exhaust.

If you have an SR or KA-t, just get a decent downpipe, and you should be fine :slight_smile:

^^^^if its stainless it would be the same, but if u just get non stainle steel pipe it would be really cheap like 150 bucks

oh really? 150 bucks? that’s pretty damn cheap…

i got my catback, not including muffler for 80 bucks bent and proffessionally installed

wow then noyzboyz ripped me off :expressionless:

I’ll give you some recent pricing I got from one of my parts suppliers

cat back including muffler for 95 cadillac brougham = $80

cat back including muffler for 87 300zx turbo (2.5") = $190

mid pipe for 97 caravan = $38