CUTCO Knives

I use Calphalon because I get them at cost.

my aunt works at case… i have yet to get a set but everyone else in the fam has them …:tup: to living in the southtowns I thought i was the only one down this far

I have hurd that guy is a great guy all around

Good story. Knives are cool. I especially like a good bread cutting knife. Slice through a fresh loaf like butter.

I wonder how many more he would sell if he didn’t have such an overly complicated ordering system. I don’t want to sign up for an in home demo, or submit a “how to buy form”.

yeah i saw that also, i couldn’t find any prices either.

How about the recruitment of college students, but requiring them to buy a sales kit? Always seemed shady to me. Get these out-of-town students, pump them up with high hopes, make them buy a set of demo knives, then have them try to sell your product to the same neighborhoods year after year. Same product, new sales team, every year.

I didn’t want to say this without doing some reading first, so here:
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/129/Chefs-Knives-Rated

This quote really summed up my research best…

Cutco is able to sell their knives at such a high price because they are being sold to people by their sons, nephews, and granddaughters (basically people who care for them and trust them, or their friends, and know very little about knives). Consumersearch.com looked over all the professional reviews available and while 11 professionals liked Wusthof Trident the best, only one liked Cutco and that one only liked Cutco compared to other stamped knives

The whole “in home demo, sales only through salesmen” stuff reeks of overpriced, under quality items that only sell through high pressure sales and slick demos. Think Kirby vacuums.

Judging by the reviews I think I’ll stay away, really nice guy or not.

we do the printing for cutco and it always seems like very nice stuff

Stamped knifes FTL… unless you want a fileing knife or something…
For the price of cutco might as well buy whustof.

Sounds like a cool guy though.

pretty much my take

You want really good knives?

Look into Greban. They are High Carbon as cutco is, but they are Billet, not stamped.

They go for about $200-300 a whack, but stay sharp forever and are indestructible

he drove Buick Roadmaster station wagons until they died and his house is very normal, its nice but normal. he has a Cadillac DTS now.

as far as the knives go, i haven’t seen or heard of anyone ever having a problem. my whole family has them and they have been great. every experience is different so i’m sure there are some who don’t like them, personally i think if you had a chance to sit down and talk to him in person it would be imposible to say anything bad about him.

you have to call and get prices by the way, its much faster than filling out the online form. i would think they do that so they can keep track of the people interested and follow up with them

read other comments after article.

the cutco chef knife does kinda blow… it’s not the “double-d” edge that cutco is famous for. I only use my chef knife for stabbing.

it’s all about using the right tool for the job. I would not have used that knife to cut any of those veggies.

but to each his own… if for no other reason… support the local economy :slight_smile:

CUTCO = 100% Emo approved. :tup:

I love my set of Cutco’s. Great knives, i’ve had my set for 3 years and they will STILL take off a finger in a heartbeat if you are not careful.

Torqdss i grew up in Allegany, what are you doing in Olean?

Later