Cyclic Redundancy Check Error... WTF

Lately I have been getting these every time I try to burn a DVD. At first, all I did to remedy this was to clean off the disk. Now, no matter how clean it is, it always comes back with a CRC. Is there anyway to fix this?

I’m using DVDShrink to compress the files.

Could be your drive. Try to use DVDdecrypter first and then use DVDshrink.

CRC errors usually are around a bad disc or could be a dirty drive. You can always check the box in DVDdecrypter to ignore read errors and it will just skip them.

CRC also happen if you don’t have a fast enough system or use up too many resources.

I sometimes get that error when DVDshrink runs into a disc that it can not decrypt properly.

Download a copy of DVD FOR FREE, and let that run in the background when you decrypt the disc.

That fixes it sometimes, but other times yes its a dirty disc or player.

Oh also try to rip slower. If you are ripping at MAX speed you may not be able to keep up with your hard drive speed or processor like theblue said.

In reality there is 100’s of things that could be causing this.

I haven’t used DVDdecrypter, but I have it downloaded. Where is the check box to ignore read errors? I’m looking around and can’t find it.

if this is a desktop computer, just replace the damn drive. they’re cheap

It would be in the ripping program. It would just skip sectors it can’t read so you may have glitchy video but it will work.