Cylinder Head Shaving Q&A More HP more Effiency

haha! do it pink, you aint cool unless your engine is pink

just do a bare bones rip down and rebuild, spec out your rings, and bearings, go to CT and pick up a honing tool, hone each cilinder and slap it back togeather.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/445000-445999/445254_135.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/445000-445999/445254_136.jpg

Thats the plan.

Pink is a possibility, I got a thing your yellow engines though.

Yea that problem isnt the labour or anything, the maximum cost for me is the materials… I have acess to a shop in my school and weve got more than 50 engines lying around and being “learned” on. My teacher is the smartest person in regards to auto I can recall he knows everythings about everything and anything else you wanna know. And weve got every tool you can ever think of and doubles of that tool…(not tryin to brag) Im gonna be doin the swap free labour all I need is pistons which shouldnt cost much from an old sohc. … I hear you will need overbore pistons for this to work properly… Is there a way around this? The main reason im doing this is because not many people have done it and it will be dirt cheap for me to do and the car is being stored in the winter… Ide rather take the engine out and work on it rather than let it sit in my garage. + I will get more hp for the same fuel and it will be true hp…no forced induction or Nos or anything like that. Don’t get me wrong I love adding boost to your engine, but i have more respect for the true non forced induction engine… non bolt on…and tuning it. :stuck_out_tongue: this being said im Doin an RB swap by next summer and uping the Turbo so get me wrong all the turboed out people on this forum

^what about access to an english class, complete with grammer/punctuation lessons?

1991 motor w/1995 manifolds.

u call that pink , eat me white boy

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4172/p1050963nm8.jpg

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3122/p1050968sk3.jpgnow thats pink

I’ve got $5 that says your colour of pink is the same “tiger-drylac” pink-powder on my sisters motor…

I’ve got $5 that says your colour of pink is the same “tiger-drylac” pink-powder on my sisters motor…[/quote]

i bet u i dont give a shit, its called bubble gum , and its not the same, cuz i looked at that swatch and its to soft of a pink, black raised letteing ftw

^what about access to an english class, complete with grammer/punctuation lessons?[/quote]

Why do people point out stupid shit like this… It was 1:30, and was tired as a bitch when I wrote this Im sorry if I didn’t use correct puntuation/grammar (And if your going to tell someone to use proper grammar…spell “grammar” properly)

And them pink engines are sexy.

"+ I will get more hp for the same fuel and it will be true hp…no forced induction or Nos or anything like that. "
Bahahahahahaha, total ignorance of basic thermodynamics FTW!

explain my ignorance of basic thermodynamics. :S and whats FTW?

for the win = FTW

You can’t get MORE hp out of the same fuel. You can increase efficiency somewhat, by increasing compression ratio, but you’re going to have to run higher octane gas, as well as put more fuel in to prevent any knock, depending on how much of an increase it is.
The reason why I said it’s ignorance of basic thermodynamics, is because the first law of thermodynamics states in layman’s terms: You never get something for nothing.

And on a somewhat related note, hp from forced induction is no different from n/a hp. You get better response, and a nicer torque curve with n/a, but power remains same.

You should get the best of both worlds - build your own bullet-proof KA-T.

Then you get to do all the internal engine work yourself at your own pace, you’ve got your turbocharged motor, and probably a lot more HP than you originally bargained for.

Oh, and I know what you’re saying about the whole “N/A horsepower” thing, but the KA might not be the best engine to build up N/A anyways (in terms of dollar to performance ratio etc).

But good luck with whatever you go with!

FTW: For the win

And you said you had access to your school’s shop. What school do you attend?

Actually your will get more hp with the same fuel, without uping the octane… depending on how much you will increase compression. Im putting in 91 octane now, im sure if i raise the comp to 9.5:1 , the same amount of fuel will go in and i wont have to raise fuel octane, AND i will get more hp. and since gas eninges produce about 20% useable power out of the gasoline provided and say that 20% gives 155 hp. Raising efficiency as your said… say even 3% would give you a 23hp increase in power. And these are all numbers to prove a point, they are exaggerated

Have you tried raising the static compression ratio of an engine and providing it identical fueling? Do you understand the meaning of “no free lunch in thermodynamics”? And stock CR is already 9.5:1
Ask lucky about it, I can only provide you with the theoretical backings on why it doesn’t work as you say, he’s actually built a high-comp motor so he can give you a practical example of why it isn’t like that.

total waste of time and money bumping the compression ratio up…the TE you will gain will be so minimal its just stupid to even go about and do it…

3 ways to make power …
TE, RPM, and displacement

out of these 3 TE is the hardest to make power with…and RPM is out of the question with our engines…so guess whats left… displacement…or aka forced induction…