Building a N/A KA24E

My current plans are to see how much hp I can pull from my KAE. Plans for now include an extreme port an polish to the head, multi angle valve job, getting the head decked, removing the butterflys in the intake manifold and match porting it, MSD ignition, bigger injectors, full exhaust including match ported header, and an underdrive crank pully. If anyone has any other ideas that might help I would be very interested in them. I cant wait to see the outcome.

P.S. Does anyone know if they make a cam for the SOHC motor?

stroker kit
100 shot of sauce
AEM EMS
advanced timing with new ignition system and 94 octane
APEXi fuel computer

ahh i dunno, most of what i listed would cost you way way way more than its worth to do.

I work at Mosport so we have a lot of connections with shops. Therefore I get these things at a discount… Thats the only reason I am doing this, or else I would go SR route. I just want to see how much I can get from a N/A SOHC

why would you need an EMS and a safc…

GT

You Don’t

If you plan to go N/A your best bet right now is do the usual Inatke Exhaust
and Headers. Then get a good port and polish, cams and Advance the timing
to about 18deg btdc. Run 94 Octane and get a good Tune on the Dyno.

As far as tuning for that setup all you need is a SAFC.

I had that setup minus the cams on a DOHC and made 200whp.

How about an entire intake manifold and/or larger throttle body?

Sure Why Not…

If your sticking with N/A Try this out:

Chop your Mani and Take ITB’s off a GSXR 1000…

That’s insane! LOL.

Do it. 8)

It’s not hard, someone did it to the Honda intake manifolds first and the 240 manifolds aren’t that much different…

It’s doesn’t show it on the car so I’ll figure he has adjusted for the throttle position sensor and linkage…

1=yes they make cams for the sohc, from mild to wild
2=with cams, ecu, port and polish, header, intake, pully…i made 143rwhp on the dyno, so about 165bhp or so

if you are interested in P&P give me a buzz, i also have a huge cam for sale as well

adam

Port head
3-5 angle valve job
Backcut on oversize valves
Bigger valvesprings
polished comustion chambers
big high duration cam
High comp pistons(ie…>11:1)
advance ignition (standalone as this would help you control the ITBs properly)
properly designed exhaust system with “exup” (EVC)
underdrive pulleys
Electric fan
Knife-edged crank
electric coolant pump

Prediction? 240 Hp at 7500rpm and worthless around town.

^^ Nice to see you back on the boards Tek, are you still in China?

This maybe a stupid question/comment but does anyone actually have they dyno numbers to prove the est. whp they are saying? I am just interested in proof. 200whp seems kinda high for such mods, 240whp seems like a lot too. I am not saying it cannot be done with such mods, I just wanna see backup. :smiley: I am very interested in this as well. Tuning any engine’s n/a capabilites can bring great power, however without backup anyone can claim anything and whoever is interested in building the n/a may potentially spend a ton of cash and not see the specific results.
links
pics
proof please…

I believe both of the Adam’s have had their cars on the dyno in NA tune.

IMO no way are you gonna get 200rwhp out of teh sohc…unless you do some crazy stuff

15:1 comp huge cams ect…it would be hard and expensive…

just use some spray

i had a 75shot on my car for years…dynoed 204rwhp and 200ftlbs

it was great

Just out of curiosity, why are you determined to go N/A? Turbo KA’s make an assload of power, and don’t even cost that much to do.

Have you ever driven a well tuned N/A car on the Track?

If I could have a choice of 250hp Turbo or 200hp N/A I would take N/A anyday.

The throttle responce, the sound, the broad powerband etc…

Total Hotness…

I realize N/A cars have their place, but from my understanding, there’s two ways to make power, torque and RPMs. The KA is not a huge V8 with lots of torque, nor a crazy high revving engine, imo this doesn’t make for a very good combination for an all-motor car. A 200whp N/A would be preferred over a 250whp turbo, however, in the case of the KA you can get well over 300whp by turboing, as many people have proven time and again. I’m not dissing N/A, as some of the coolest cars in the world are made that way, I just think turbo makes a lot more sense on the 240 from a financial standpoint.

There’s a shop in the states that built roadrace SOHC(I’ll remember the name soon- Sun____??) nissans…well over 240hp. Apparently they had one that was almost 300. Carbs, 14:1comp, wild cams…

Prepare to be flamed…

Anyways, since when does a ka not have lots of torque? Do you know how much torque your ka has?

As for revs, the ka can rev higher, if you are building an n/a ka, then there is no doubt that you will be able to rev to around 7500+ rpm on it…