Building a N/A KA24E

ever driven a NA car with huge 8 rolling cams :slight_smile:

if its anything but on the trackā€¦it sucks :slight_smile:

and you need huge cams to get big power

imo a NITROUS car is teh most fun to driveā€¦and its the easiest and cheapest way to get power out of the sohcā€¦and very reliable as well

Iā€™m always prepared for that :lol:

I know I donā€™t know a whole lot about this, but you guys said Adam had a built N/A KA, and now he has a turbo KA and seems very happy with it.

Besides, you yourself managed to talk me into going KA-T instead of SR, now youā€™re telling me N/A? :wink:

iā€™ll post up the dyno sheet of my new dohc NA when i get it tuned and running perfectā€¦i can say, my SOHC with bumped commpression was niceā€¦didnā€™t last long tho

I guess it all depends on the power you want, and what you want with your car. That should be your first thought. What do you want with your car? What do you want to do with it? How do you want it to run etc. Then you can figure out if you really want n/a or if you might consider high comp turbo or regular turbo.

An n/a powerband is pretty sweet, but IMO I really dont think your going to get to 200whp without dropping a ton of cash. And if you have that kinda money, you may as well build a high comp turbo outta your current motor and get much better power with a similar sick ass power band. If your lookin for some real big numbers swap that bad boy out and go for some japanese turbos (srā€™s, rbā€™s) with upgraded turbines.

I would say it all depends on your style of driving and what you want outta your car. Where do you want to take your car in the future? Do you really plan on droppin a ton of cash with limited potential in hp and torque? eg. the KA n/a motorā€¦Or do you want to drop a ton of cash with much larger potential eg. turbo? bla bla blaā€¦what do u want your car to doā€¦

If you really really want to go n/a why dont you get a motor that is seriously designed to be a powerful n/a? Like a s2000 engine with a crazy rev limit and n/a potential, or a v8 with massive torque or something. I dunno, if your going to spend as much cash as it seems, you may as well spend a bit more for some real crazy stuff?..

I know I donā€™t know a whole lot about this, but you guys said Adam had a built N/A KA, and now he has a turbo KA and seems very happy with it.

Besides, you yourself managed to talk me into going KA-T instead of SR, now youā€™re telling me N/A? ;)[/quote]

My comments apply to either n/a ka or ka-t. Ask ADAM how high he revs when heā€™s racingā€¦

KA-T over SR was just my personal opinion as well, and I have my reasons, no need to bring up that old argument about which is betterā€¦

LoLā€¦ Iā€™m not, that was just a little joke between the two of us.

with the turbo motor as it sitsā€¦i shift at 5900-6000rpm ā€¦and it has no problem pulling on almost every car it meetsā€¦

with the NA motor i shifted at 6800rpmā€¦
here is a dyno plot of the NA race motor the green line :slight_smile:
had a nice curve though for NA

http://www.turbo240sx.ca/dynorun2.jpg

Besides, you yourself managed to talk me into going KA-T instead of SR, now youā€™re telling me N/A? ;)[/quote]

My comments apply to either n/a ka or ka-t. Ask ADAM how high he revs when heā€™s racingā€¦

KA-T over SR was just my personal opinion as well, and I have my reasons, no need to bring up that old argument about which is betterā€¦[/quote]

Just turbo it. Or replace the engine with something bigger and badder.(VGā€¦hehehehe)