honda NA questions

b18b how much could i safely shave the head to raise compression, what is the highest compression ratio that is safe on a stock bottom end
also would using gsr pistons gain me anything?

shave it all the way to the scalp :stuck_out_tongue:
http://digitalcorrespondent.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/shavehead3.jpg

gsr pistons will gain compression, b16 would gain the most compression though

shaving the head and block to gain compression works fine when done in moderation, but after that timing issues come into play (mechanical timing, and syncing the distributor)

any idea on millage where id stay in the happy medium?

i can easily get gsr pistons would have to look around for b16’s tho

I still have my gsrs bobby

i know thats why i said they are easy to obtain lol

b16 pistons are very easy to get, are you going to get complimenting cams or just stock head?

ill do what ever i can as long as i can still run a factory computer

you can run a factory computer no matter what you do, it will just have to be chipped and tuned on something lol… if you’re obd1

if you’re going to be putting in the pistons make sure you get new rings, block honed… and maybe install some arp rod bolts

what year integra?

ya i would get the oem ecu chipped, i believe innovative can do a neptune tune for you

if you have stock head i wouldnt go with anything more than gsr pistons and good intake/header/exhaust

if you want to get bigger cams 11.5:1 is a good compromise for pump gas b series

I’m going to say dont shave the head.

If you shave the head and it warps from something unrelated and the heads junk, If you dont shave it and it warps and you have room to fix it.

Just get it cleaned up and made true, and go with pistons, my .02

this isnt a street car track only

Good advise right here. Shaving the head is really not worth it in the long run. Get it cleaned up really good and true with a nice set of cams, pistons,rods,crank,headgasket and you will have a soild build.

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2706050

Look on honda tech man, people are always making crazy mix and match builds.