Cylinder Not Firing

I found the problem.
Broken rocker arm on the exhaust cam of that cylinder.

I need one of these as soon as possible.
When I get the specs from Peter, I’ll be looking for one asap.

I need a stock S14 SR Exhaust Cam Rocker Arm Over-nighted ASAP.
Anyone?

I have some from an s13 redtop head I have in pieces…pm your addy.

Pm coming.
I can emt / paypal / whatever

By the way, here was the damage:

What camera … :wavey:

My buddies Nikon D40

Your lucky the valve seats didn’t let go and drop the valve, I had my rocker split too

Have you “upgraded”, or still running OEM?
The seats are TI, probly helped…lol

Thanks for the guys who pm’d me with rockers, but I didn’t hear back from anyone for sure, so I have 8 coming express post from CA.
I figure if they’re a weak point, and who knows exactly how long they’ve been in there, it’s better to protect the head and replace them all.

Well that’s your problem right fuckin’ there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to hear you figured it out, hopefully there’s no other damage.

I’d do several oilchanges in a week after you swap that rocker arm out, who knows what shit got in your oil when it popped. Hate to see you spin a rod after getting this fixed (speaking from experience)

Nice, I figured I’d buy some walmart oil and change it a few times before going back to synthetic.
Should I change the filter each time, or would it be ok for those few times I wonder?

Id say use the Fram a couple times than get a Nissan filter. Don’t stick with the Fram. Bad things happen that involve the filter breaking up inside and well, you get the point.

To bad I hadn’t seen the “WTB” earlier. I’ve got a full set of rocker arms just sitting in my garage I would have been willing to ship out to you.

Depends on your wallet, if you’re not changing it every oil change, do it every second one. I’d recommend dumping at least 2 cheap changes through it in the first few hundred km, then put the good stuff back in.

Since I already built a motor and found out all the crud wasn’t out and spun a fresh rod bearing, I’d say do one, idle it for a bit in the garage, drive around the block etc, work the oil all the way through, and dump it, change the filter, do 2 more over a few hundred km on that filter, then put a good filter and oil on it… That’s just my 2 pesos though, someone else might have some other suggestions, I just know I’m paranoid about that crap now :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh no.
That would have been ideal.
I paid the price for 4 day guaranteed from California, but they were “on sale” so I got out for about $300 US

I don’t have an inspection or insurance yet because this happened the night I took it off the truck.
And the first AutoX event will be the day after I get these.
Leaves me almost having to do an oil change at the track.
It’s hard to do this without having plates to cruise and work the oil through…

Ouch… I had a full set sitting here too out of an old head :S… Ahh well, gotta pay to play…

Ouch. I guess it was needed though.

eeesh… I’d really recommend trying to get at least 1 change through it before you bring it to the track, spinning it up to 7K at the track with potential metal shavings in the motor is kinda begging for it…

If they get here on Thursday, I’ll change the oil before installing them, once after an idle/1km, then Friday I’m going to try to get an inspection. I’ll change it Friday night or Sat morning at the track.

It really depends on when they show up here.