Dad's New Toy

What 454 is in it? If it’s not the #-match mill then fuck it, heads/cam that fucker. 600+ lbs/ft just off idle is fun :tup:

well i guess since it’s so hard not to have the exact matching 38 year old motor, a numbers motor isnt as big as a concern as it used to be.

but by no means will my dad want to restore it. at least not like my neighbor does. he just wants to drive it. and i dont know if he’d want to do anything substantial. especially going into the driving season now, he’s just going to make sure it runs good. but ya, i’d be all about putting some reliable ponies in there

the ad said it was the original 360 hp style 454. i guess as per phone convo it has a decent cam in there and a little lope. so to give you a straight answer, i dunno

360bhp = LS5 454, IIRC.
Either way, great cruiser. :tup:

yes correct. i dont think they offered the LS6 in these but i could be wrong. although i saw an ebay ad for an “all original 454/450 monte ss”. i dunno if that was bs or what

Don’t think you could get the LS6 in the Montes (could be wrong). Moot point anyhow as he said the motor was from a 1974, the LS6 wasn’t around then.

so in June who will be doing the burnouts?

hell yeah it is, but not when your running oem size tires like my father.

ill be doing burnouts in my junk

he will try to do burnouts with chalks and a lot of water

hehe

No LS-6 in the Monte’s, LS-5 was the top dog.

teesup

:wave: bill gorman everyone

nice car… i’ve always loved the old school montes…

i like the shifter…looks neat

:tup:

Very nice ive always liked these just alittle to heavy for what i would want to be doing with it. But t-up to a nice ass cruiser.

tell him to use tire shine :wink:

nice car.

Brian

no side markers?

yes… on the lower front of the wheel front fender, opposite the ss454 badge

does anybody know how to verify this car? we tried running a carfax, but since the vin has less digits, it wont take it.

all my dad wants to know is that it is a true 454 car? anything?

thanks

Bigger wheels look awesome on these cars.

Ya,it could definitely use some top end love,mid 70’s engines are dogs with all the emissions stuff choking them up.

Very nice, I lobe the color as well.