DAMN BIRDS!!!!

So… it seems that no matter where in my driveway I park my car it is always in the path of the birds that chill out in our back yard or the neighbours yards.

If I park it where I want to park it the car will receive more than 15 shit baths a day… i have tried the far back and the far front (single lane about 4 cars deep along the side of the house) and although it is better at either of these ends i still cannot entirely escape it.

what are the options here?

I can remove the nests in my yard. It’s that nest that is the primary issue anyways.

Get an owl or predator bird decoy…or a pellet gun.

Birds don’t do real damage like deer do :frowning:

I have the same exact problem…they fly from a gigantic tree in my front yard to the peak of my neighbors house…my cars are in the path.

I have tried the shiny holographic devices hanging from a tree to no avail.

I clap loudly and they all scatter. This has made me contemplate some sort of simulated noise on a timer.

I am going to try the owl thing next.

anyone ever called a pest control company to remove the nests?

Bing. Removing the nest usually means they will rebuild. But birds never use the same nest twice. My mother always had birds build in her car port and we would destroy the next and they would build again. We did some reading and after dealing with them for one season and keeping the next they did not return next year.

I found a massive bird splatter turd thing on my tonneau cover yesterday morning. Pissed me right off because I had just gotten the truck 12 hours earlier.

Had th t tops open today, and a massive one hit the windshield… few more inches and…

Canada problems. http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Look+at+the+facts_886bb4_4462910.jpg

I removed 4 nests from my front porch this weekend and they are rebuilding this morning already. Apparently wood beams make for great nesting spots. Who knew? :wink:
Today I will be buying and installing hardware cloth to make a cage to keep them out of. Wait what?

A commercial “anti-bird spike” thing plus a couple pieces of wood with screws sticking out stopped the bird who kept building a next on my lamp.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/jsears77/IMG_20140505_123055_zpsm2yncnmy.jpg

Just the plastic spike thing worked for a few years then last week I came home to this:

I spent an extra $10 to get the owl with the spinning head… the birds just shit on it. lol

I’m standing in the front yard looking at my mother in laws. It has 17 individual shit hits with another 6-8 narrow misses around it. There is even a hit in the inner front passenger wheel well behind the wheel. How is that even possible… And all in a single day.

Wife’s van has a dozen or so direct hits.

My car is in the garage now. Eff all this shit.

Birds communicate. all an exterminator has to do is poison a couple and the rest of the birds will steer clear…

There are all new nests already. Built barriers with hardware cloth tonight. I post any results after a day or two.

Now they are flying in from the other side which I half expected. I guess I will have to make twice as many as I had hoped… or I could just give them the 870 treatment.