damn car

another problem, this time it is fairly big i think, my car just died and won’t stay ruinning now, it will turnover then there will be a clunk and it will die, earlier today i drove over the railroad tranks on 23rd ave and calgary trail and my rpm’s dropped to almost 0, then after a couple of seconds kicked back up to 3000rpm’s no idea why? andone kind of know what i am talking about? any info would great, i am taking it to my dads mechanic to look at it tomorrow thanks again guys

Sounds like something is loose. Check all sensor conections under the hood.

Yeah sounds like a sensor is loose… Maybe a MAF Sensor…

Thats what i would put my bet on too.

aiigt cool, i iwsh i would have checked this befoer i took it to my dads mechanic but thanks, i will let you guys know tmrw hopefully

Well man you ahve my number and live 4 houses down… I get home around 5 everyday.

Is the clunk mechanical? Metal on metal crunching? If so, something broke haha, I’ve heard this sound twice, first time was with my first 240’s KA24 with 260xxxkms. Poor lil Ka.

mine has 234xxx kms and the clunk happens just before the car dies, it is in the shop rigt now have not heard anything yet, will keep you posted

sorry, i forgot to answer your question, it does sound mechanical, but i can’t be for sure

heh… i dont even want to try to diagnos this…

Hopefully its not something internal like a broken rod or something, that would royally suck.

i’m going to put the green on… ohhhh… timing chains

from the sound of things the cluink was just nothing, and it seem to be the maf from what my dads mechanic said

TOLD YOU :finga:

haha… so this is what i get to look forward to when my car hits the 200xxx km eh?

lol you did tell me, but by the time i read this i already had it brought to my dads mechanic, but damn those things are expensive though

change in tempo, it was not the maf sensor at all, it is my distributer, the mechanic did a few moer tests and found out for sure, haha you ain’t right (j/k)

that was my next guess :E :E I swear

hahaha ok

hehe… was it over due for the rotor and cap change or was the seal on the samshaft pissing oil into the sensor?