More Problems!!!!

My fucking car died tonight. Was running low on gas. The light was on for a while. The car was running perfectly however. So I stop for gas, get gas, and now the car won’t start! It turns over, starts, and dies instantly. It started and stayed running, once, for about 2 mins. Idled at about 600-700, then got lower, lower, and died. Fuel pump fuse was fried. Replaced, fried again. Uncovered the pump, hit it a few times. Still doesnt start, but the last time didnt fry the fuse.

What the hell!? :x

Thanks for input, as usual…

Jeff :cry:

I would suspect the fuel pump. I would take it out, and bench test it to make sure it is at fault and not a wiring issue.

I have a few used pumps, plus the Walboro ones in stock. Give us a call and we’ll help you out.

Thanks!
Cory.

Just swap the mother f*cker already. CA18DET are cheap…

you can also hard wire it with a battery and a couple wires to see if it makes any diffrence. also cheak with the good ol meeter to see if you have a break in the wire?

U got a hook up on em?? I’m interested!!

Swapping the engine won’t solve the fuel pump problem!

:smiley: :slight_smile: :frowning: :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :stuck_out_tongue: :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea:

Its will sure be alot funner though

New fuel pump is in… 90 bucks at speed works, $150 for labor at another shop.

There goes my paycheck :cry:

But at least I can drive again!!

$150 for labour???

What did they do??? I would have charged you $150 for the pump including install dude!!!

It would have taken me like 30 mins to install it as well!

Ohh well…

Thanks for getting the pump from us tho! The gentleman who picked it up was impressed by the stuff we had on the go there.

Thanks!
Cory.

Hehe yeah, my dad was raving all night how cool it was there. The AMA brings it to the closest shop, and I don’t trust them one bit. Overcharge you on everything. I will bring the car to you guys next time for sure.

Jeff