A moment of silence

Blew my turbo’s tonight…

your kidding right.

Nope, wont go past 0 on the boost gauge, and a strainge whirlling noise coming from the engine, to dark and too tired to check it out though, could be somthing minor, but I’m not that lucky.

my condolenses.

… atleast now you have an excuse to go bigger/better!

Dont worry im sure pick your part has some Skyline parts laying around. Hope you can that fixed soon.

Oh dude. That sucks some ass! :frowning:

Is the car blowing smoke? Could it be a loose BOV fitting or something?

WOW!! That really does suck man!! I hope ya get it goin’ again soon!! I know my car isn’t anything close to your Skyline, but if its not running by this Friday you can cruise with me!!

That sucks hard Charles. What happened? Hopefully it’s just a vacuum line or something and your wastgate(s) are stuck open.

The turbine wheels are ceramic and are common to falling off if the turbos are oversped(more boost than they are meant to make reliably) At lleast now you know your car wasn’t babied, and somebody drove it like it was supposed to be. Do you have a cat? If so that’s where your turbine wheels will be.

im hoping its just one of the lines anywhere that fell off or broke ect. Do you know when they broke or what you were doing, if you went off the gas imidiatly then you propably have ceramic in your engine. if you were accelerating you can hope that the cermic went with the exhuast.

if it is the turbos get yourself a pair of n1’s from japan for 100000 yen.

I was definatly on the gas, would both go at the same time? it is a TT right?

Could i drive it somewhere to get it checked out??

Also, could I just remove them and drive w/o turbos???

befor you ask why…its cause I was going to rebuild the engine this winter anyways, so might as well just buy a BIG turbo and put it in, in the winter when I replace the internals

As a side note, soneone on GTRC has a set of Nismo RS581 turbines for $1500, any good?

If your removing the turbos, you might as pull the engine at the same time, and rebuild it and drive it later. A turbo engine without turbos is a sick dog, as you now know.

i wouldnt risk driving it anywhere or running it without the turbos running properly. how would he know if he blew the turbine? wouldthe turbine wheel will be in the cat?

Goin got give the guy at Sumaru’s a try (mind the spelling, got the name over a phone)

unless anyone has a bad exp with them

Neil over at Speedworks. You get you’re club discount as well.

I would if i ever get my damb card!!!

Easy there turbo, cards come the next meeting after purchase. And I can just tell Neil your coming.

FYI wasn’t upset, forgot scarcasm doesnt alway come off well over the net :wink:

Ok, so Speedworks is the place to go then???

anyone actually get a turbo related injuries fix’d there?

Well, no one really just “fixes” a turbo. But they do work on plenty of turbo cars.