damn cold weather

anyhow i need to boost my battery these last couple of cold days and now my altenator went as well. now i need a new batery and a new altenator. on top of that my starter is startin to make noises when i start my car so thats gunna go so. damn car.lol. so if anyone has or knows where i can get a sr20 altenator for my cefiro plz let me know asap. thx

I could be wrong, but I though the alternator from the KA engine series was the same as the sr?

thats wut i hear but i still need an altenator…lol

Cold Weather = Bunk.

Good weather > Cold Weather

Nissan > Honda

MATH FTW!

underground heated parking > parking outside

:butthead: :E

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Beatshack for the Steal!.

I am glad I arranged my garage to fit my winter car in there …sooo glad

What are you driving this winter Scott? And how the hell do you have 3 cars in your garage? Unless you parked one of the S-chassis outside. :?

X2. Come home, park car…wake up…clean, warm, snow free vehicle awaits my needs.

I dont even bring a jacket when i go out. I filled up the truck with gas the other day which was the longest I have ever been outside since the cold snap has started.

yes… 99.99% of the time i park underground heated. last night i parked overnight at my friends house and started it, just to have the alternator die… think the tiny crappy japanese battery drew mad current from it and fried it.

so yeah i’m in the same boat, need an sr20 alternator. i have heard a ka alternator works but a tiny modification is needed.

I dont know about Edmonton but theres places i Leth that rebuild that shit for cheap and its only a day or 2 at most. Ive done like 5 in the past 5 years. Never had a problem since Ive done it. On one ocasion I bumped a honda 60amp to 100amp’s. Ask the shop if they can bump the amperage on the SR one. Thats what I would do anyways. That way your getting new alt pretty much.

cool i am going to search around for a place that rebuilds. cheaper than buying new and only getting a core back right?

the alto squeezes in beside the silvia and 180sx :stuck_out_tongue: it is awesome as last winter the alto did not like being parked outside

when you have a bad battery the alternator has to work over time to try and charge it up and keep the car running. so it fries it’s self. and the starter will make noise if it doens’t get enough power from the battery. so don’t assume the starter is gone yet. and always replace a bad battery ASAP!!

and re-build the alternator

never even thought of that. thx ya i put a bigger battery in and a used sr20 altenator. i am gunna get my fried one rebuilt and keep it for a spare

if anyone finds or knows of a good place to get an ltenator rebuilt plz let me know. thx

Cooper Bros on 99ST southside.

now that i put the altenator in and battery in my oil light comes on and there’s no oil pressure. like it sat outside all week the i brought it into a warm shop installed the battery and altenator (in was in the shop for atleast two hours) when i was finished i started up the car oil light came on for a min the went off and i had oil pressure so i drove it home about 10 km’s. parked it for the night. then this morning i went to go use it i started it up and went back inside and came back out 30 mins lata and noticed the oil light was on and there was no oil pressure so i turned it off. any thoughts? could it be the oil is to thick and cold for the oil pump or is the oil pump done? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

check your oil. When its cold your oil pressure should be high then drop as the oil heats up and gets thinner. Get a mechanical oil pressure gauge and make sure its not just a faulty sencor. Lastly it would be your oil pump

oil is fine, i am gunna through it into a warm garage do an oil change see wut happens? any others things i should check? i know there’s no oil pressure happening. certain kinda oil i should use?