Damn insurance companies

USAA asked me why the milage on my Sol was so low, I told them because I only need the insurance to drive to and from “events”

…SO they dropped my coverage.

I tried to reason with them telling them that SCCA covers cars, that its low speed and safe around traffic cones…
I tried to explain that at the “street survival school” last week kids who learned how to drive around the autocross course had reduced insurance rates…
I tried to explain universities and military bases host events
I told them I knew they did not cover me during events, only to and from
I asked if they covered people who take their cars to the track friday nights, they said no. everyone who does that tows their cars.

:idiots

Yea definitely shouldn’t have mentioned anything about any sort of racing with your car.

I can never get coverage either … i have to state that i will not be participating in any “competitions” fucking haggerty peices of shit, and they like doubled their rates…

I went with another company and they didn’t even ask any questions? Acted like my shit was normal. ;D

Try a specialty company, usually you’re much better off.

+1… and then when you called back you shoulda just said the “events” were car shows. Never admit to insurance that you race your car, tisk tisk.

Read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/automobiles/19INSURE.html

there is a part about a USAA customer got his insurance canceled because he “asked” about it… :runaway

State farm ftw!

State farm wont touch my car. WTF!

What doesn’t make any sense is that I am not trying to trick or fool the insurance companies, I am not trying to get coverage during events or on a track, I simply want coverage while I am on the street.

Call my friend Tyler at The Heritage Group. He does insurance and may be able to help you out. I know he’s helped out a couple of people here on the forum. 782-0001, Tell him I referred you.

Too add:

Don’t mention your racing around a track or doing stupid shit like that. Most insurance companies aren’t going to insure you.

loose lips sink ships… and the ship in this case if your insurance policy… the less you say the better off youll be.

an entire industry based on lying. What a bunch of BS.

yup. thats all it is… a lie, and you pay for “just incase something happens”

im with allstate, have been for years, my rates are great, coverage is great, my agent doesnt ask any questions

i started with Geico about 6 years ago. didnt like them much, went to allstate and my rates decreased by about 50% and my coverage improved.

Allstate is great. I’ve never had to tell them anything cause they don’t ask.

I use them for everything except the hoppers.

exactly. the only thing my agent has said to me about my car is " looks good"

If you got hit by some blond soccer mom who was talking on her phone while driving her expedition would they pay out for your car or give you some bs?

they wouldn’t since the situation you described puts blame on the soccer mom… so it’s all on her insurance ;D

her insurance would pay the damages. and id buy the car back if it were totalled and do some frankenstein work with an old VW

Allstate ftw. I have not had any problems with them at all and my rates are extremely low

OR…

http://www.usmm.org/p/porthole.jpg

:crackup :crackup :crackup :crackup

i dont see the humor in that one bit. its the truth.