damnit... can't get DSL at my new place

Ya know, it’s funny too… I called Adelphia/TW today to cancel my service at X date for when I move and the lady asked me

“do you want to transfer your service for no added cost?”

me “no thanks… Cable is just too expensive, I think I’m going to go with Verizon Fiber Optic, it’s supposidly available in the area I’m moving to”

her "Sir, did you know that Verizons service is about half the speed of our service… "

me “ummm… I have the fastest speed TW offers, and VZN is advertizing more than double that for cheeper”

her “sir, VZN has all kinds of surcharges and they charge you to install it”

me “well, I guess it’s a good thing I know what I’m doing then… and speaking of surcharges, I get charged every month for my modem from TW”

blah blah blah… it went on for a little, all the while I’m just shaking my head thinking “does she think she’s talking to some non-nerd or some shit?”

but in the end, she told me that if I stayed on with TW, she’d give me 6 moths of service @ 20.00 a month. I told her I’m going to call VZN to make sure it IS availible first (just in case their website is wrong), but will probably take her up on it… so I guess it’s a win win situation for the time being.

I honestly think TW is SCREWED when VZN gets all their shit in order… atleast if they dont drop their prices/give some incentive for people NOT to switch

I got some really shitty speeds with DSL, I would get worse latency in online games with DSL then I did with my dialup! Went right to cable and now its nicer

bah, I could honestly care less about online gaming… I’m looking for performance vs price and DSL has cable beat IMO. 15.99 isnt a bad deal for broadband as long as you arent doing anything too crazy with it (the celeron of IP’s if you will? lol)