SWEEEET Verizon "naked" DSL avalible

so I just ordered internet service thru verizon and as it turns out, even though they dont say anything about it on their website, they now offer naked (dry loop) DSL :tup:

14.99 a month for 768K and 35m/o for 3MBps connection :slight_smile:

awesome… great deal IMO :tup:

bad part is though, I have to wait intil early January to get hooked up. I guess they’re running behind as their busy setting up a fiber optic service :hyper: :tup: :tup:

just though I’d give ya’s a heads up

umm that commercial has been on tv for months now
still not cable tho :slight_smile:

FIOS will be nice if it ever gets here

heh… go figure. shows how much tv I watch lol

my DSL is quicker than my cable was

Unfortunately… Cable is mega expensive.

So this means you dont need verizon phone service?

correct

and yes I cant wait til FIOS

Exactly.

Thats awesome…I will need to look into my area to see if its available…last time I checked it wasnt.

Now since I am not at all techie like…do I still need a basic phone line to support it or no?

ok i dont have a verizon home phone service but i have a verizon cellphone, would I still be eligable i wanna get my own comp in my room and when i do im gona get the $15 a month service.

you actually dont need any kind of phone service at all to get it… they will still activate the lines for DSL (you just wont be able to use the lines for calling)

JEG, doesnt matter if you have a cell phone or not… you can get it (long as it’s avalible in your area)

Sweetness…I must get this now

Verizon has pushed back my service for the last 5 weeks now. Every week I get an email saying that next week they will have it hooked up. It fucking ridiculous, but so are Adelphia’s prices.

:word:

My parents have been pushed back 2 months now

14.99 a month for 768K sounds like quite a deal…

What is the avage Adelphia/Comcast Cable speed compared to this?

That blows… but atleast it’s cheep I suppose lol :smiley:

hopefully mine is ready early. When my rents got theirs, it was ready a few days early.

ya know, I dont see what the big deal is though… I mean, dont they just have to flip a switch or something? I dont remember them coming out to the house or anything. bah, oh well… in the mean time I’ll just leach using the slow ass-barely making a signal wireless connection lol

I’m reminded of a bit by Brian Regan.
Brian - “Don’t you guys just have to flip a switch?”
Phone Guy - “Yeah we’re going to flip that switch next Tuesday.”

lol regan is the man :tup:

Dammit, I got DSL from Verizon and it will take about a month to go live if i am lucky. This sucks.

lol I feel ya… I’m hopeing mine will be done early. The guy came to hook up my lines today so hopefully they’ll get shit done now. Still havent shipped me my router though :tdown: