damnnnnn if your a american look at this

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

im obligated to pay 130thousand…how? crazy how govt tries to solve problems by printing more money look what happend. i remember when national debt was 7 trillion…this reminds me of scary movie i once saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk&feature=related

damn is future in our hands?

had to post this to funny and scary at same time

^Hahaha. Idiocracy is a funny movie.

Yes our current spending is unsustainable but our government seems not to care. We continue to borrow money from our enemies and fund them as well.

ya its pretty fuckedd

Please name some of the enemies you speak of…:rofl:rofl:rofl

UK?? or Japan?? or Switzerland?? or Hong Kong?? or Taiwan??? or China??

I like how you label them as enemies, cause we can’t really start a war with our allies can’t we if we decided not to pay them back? :rofl:rofl:rofl

FYI, Hong Kong is one of the top 10 US debt holder. Does any of you even know where is Hong Kong? Hong Kong is not even a country and the dot that indicate that place on a world map is larger than the place itself.

:lol

I was specifically talking about China as the biggest lender to the United States. I certainly wouldn’t call them an ally maybe a frenemy?

Well, may be we should think of a way NOT to borrow from them first, then may be we will be in a better position to dictate who our enemies are…:rofl

We borrow trillions from foreign countries, we buy all our oil from foreign countries (yes, don’t forget Canada is a foreign country), most of the stuff we lust here is a foreign brand and everything we buy is made in a foreign country.

Enjoy your stay…:clap

I think that pisses me off more than anything, walking into Home Depot and not even being able to buy the smallest nut or bolt without it saying “Made in China.”

I was all for this government shutdown but unfortuantely my party caved. Not that it makes a difference if they cut $70 billion since the interest on our debt last year was $400 billion.

All this spending today just mean much much higher taxes tomorrow.

if your a american…

wut

youre*

An*

…and it’d be youre.

you guys are fucked up… for years this has been an import fanboi site… now, when its too late, there are complaints. Warning sirens have been going off for years, but the “I want it and I want it cheap” generation built these countries up, along with their engineering and infrastructure. Now many make a good quality or better quality product than here in the USA…We will not be an industrial nation again, and unions, laws and regulations prevent us from being competitive in many arenas.
Luckily we still co-lead the world in research and design…and weapons… but we were headed down hill when Obama tossed us off the cliff

!0 years ago China didnt graduate any engineers on their homeland…now they grad more than 10-15k of them a year. They have infrastructure, and are gaining in design… India has work ethic and brains, but no infrastructure…

Communism helps keep Chinas feet bound, but it will eventually let enterprineers run aloof and that wont be good for the USA either.

Want to buy something made in USA today? Hard to do and often questionable quality unless you drop coin. I.E. A Streamlight flashight may be one of the best, but a good one is $100 or more.

China makes new Snap=on flashlights sold at advance auto, and they sorta suck …sorta…but $20

Rep

Clearly OP is an American.

:rofl +rep

That is the root cause of why nothing is mad in the states anymore. Anybody else remember why GM and Chrysler went bankrupt and the majority of their cars are assembled overseas? The UAW, not that I’m cracking on blue collar people fighting to make a good wage, but is it any wonder why everything is out sourced when it costs a manufacturer 30 bucks an hour plus benefits to produce something in America and probably a dollar an hour over seas. It’s really not that surprising that just about everything we buy is made overseas. I’m just as guilty as everybody else though too. I buy stuff at Walmart and sams club, but I don’t really have a locally owned competitor that isn’t some other big box store.

Simply put I think a lot has to do with the general population in control of the countries future. Many of know they will only live for 90 years or so, and are selfish to the point that their actions put money in their pockets but they adversely affect the public, and they just dont care.

Everywhere you look, people of power are making decisions based on short term “goals”. They twist the words, sell it to the news and pretend its not a short term solution, and that its really going to help this time, I promises bullshit that stupid people eat up and poop out.

WHY DONT PEOPLE SEE IT? EVERYONE knows its getting worse every day, the hole they are digging is getting bigger. Here is a bright idea, a little common sense for you… DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOUR DOING NOW, MAYBE THAT WILL TURN IT AROUND! Fucking shit, if you drive north and make a U-turn now your going south! Dont have the money? Dont borrow it and spend it! same concept!

Corporate policy is dictated by investors looking to maximize profits. It becomes parasitic, as sustainability is sacrificed for short term gain. Eventually, every big company will be hollowed out, we won’t be able to build anything for ourselves or have anything to offer the world economy. That’s what happens when the biggest business in the land is all on paper.