Dash light color change

Hey i know there was a thread a while ago about this and I can seem to locate it, from my memory there cap[s you can buy, to go over the existing bulbs and change the color correct ? anyone have the link to those caps, thanks

-Ian

dont do it ian, they have a tendency to melt to the bulb and fade anyways.

if your REALLY want to change the dash color, your best bet is LEDs.

as ghetto as it sounds, painting the bulbs works too if you are looking for a certain color.

id go with leds

paint eventually will heat up and crack

permanent marker. choose your color.

LEDs, get ones that run on 12-14v and solider them in(if there not premade kind)

is this a drunk post? please say it is.

What kind of car will this be done in?

Yeah, I really hate posting this shit, it does sound really cheap LOL, its for my dads bike, Vstar 1100, the stock gauges are white, along with his recent upgrades have come an aftermarket tach and oil pressure gauge, both are lighted blue, he likes it and I have to agree it looks good, So he wants me to change the stock white speedo to a blue, I’ll just wire in LED’s properly.

Oh I see, my buddy did blue leds in his truck. They turned out nice, they dont fade unlike those cheap pep boys bulbs. Also they light up nice and bright, but not too bright.

Yeah, I’ll go that route.

definitely go with LEDs then ian

YESSIR!!! gonna be siqqqqqq

Now on that note, before I do my research, does anyone know what ohm resistor I’d need to run to wire them into a 12V pwr supply ?

subarus came with Green plastic covers on the climate controls, mine are still green after 13 years and have not melted

yeah I though they sold different color ones, IDK I’ll probably just go LEDS

yeah but the ones your going to buy from pep girls and advanced or ebay arent going to quality ones

btw ian do you remember ohm’s law?

^ Truth son