Daytime Running Lights

Just bought a 350z from the US. Have to install DRLs. Anyone have experience doing this? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

probably just a mod box in the middle of the harness.

harness to lights would be interrrupted by the DTRL’s module.

thena power line to the DTRL box…

probly not much more

see if you can finds the wiring diagram online

Or just turn on parking lights every time you get into the car. Saves wiring hassle :slight_smile:

I’ve disabled and ran without DRL for a pretty long time already, never had any problems with cops. Fellow member ‘Strife350Z’ did the same.

He probably has to install DRL for inspection to get the car certified for Ontario roads when originally a US car. DRL has been mandatory on vehicles since 91 or 92 in Canada, but not on US cars. Turning on the parking lights when you get into the car is not an option for inspection stations. People forget to do things when they’re driving their cars. I can’t tell you how many stupid drivers I’ve seen on the road in the middle of the night with their headlights off. Probably because they never drive in the night and think without checking that the light from the DRLs are more than enough.

I believe I’ve seen some little DRL modules available at Canadian Tire to DRL equip an older vehicle or non-DRL equipped car. I’m sure those will have instructions on how to tap it into your existing lighting system.

^Good point, my apologies. +1 on the Canadian Tire DRL module.

I can install drl in the 350z no problem, I can have set to work on ur parking lights or your headlights. I recommend the parking lights on the 350z, if done on the headlight it will reduce the life of the xenon bulbs.

Call Ron 416-826-5169

Toronto, Mississauga, North york, Brampton, scrarbrough, all of gta!!!

I brought my car (02 altima) from the US too and I had to go through all that stuff to register the car here in Ontario

instead of getting everything complicated i just installed angel eyes and LED strips on my car and wired them from my ciggarette outlet.

Looks amazing and passed the inspection at canadian tire (and believe me they are a PITA for getting you passed).

Sam
http://www.torontocustomlights.com

Does anyone know how to turn off or disconnect the daytime running lights. I did not want them in the first place, but it was part of a package that came with the car. So I woud like to have them turned off. Thanks.

anyone have a link to a diy with pics for the drl install?

thanks!