s13 DTRL's

hey gents…just wondering, since im in the US, we didnt get the DTRL’s, and frankly i want to install a pair on my DD…

my question is, do they have a harness section my car currently does not have, but will need to install these in an OEM fashion? :/:

ive been considering buying a pair from PDM-racing brand new, or a pair here, but i havent seen any here in a bit…

any info would be appreciated…

yes

at a minimum youll need single-filament 1156 bulb holders (you can steal these from the turn signals of a 93-97 altima)

the DRL system is a cluster fuck… DRL module, relays, timed relays…

easiest would be to run your own wiring and switch… maybe a relay but we’re talking less than 60 watts

a 15 or 20 amp rated switch will work fine

then you can control the DRLs to your liking, independently of any other lights

I thought because it was flip up lights they were never required. I know when my buddy imported his GT4 that was the case.

spd-dmn - nice, i knew there would be something missing, id figure that the chassis harnesse’s would be all the same, but when i looked behind the bumper i could find a plug that would be wrapped to the harness just not used, no dice, then id figure 2 diff regions in general theyd be different harnesses after all…

as far as the DRL modules/relays/timed relays, i have nothing but time…if i could get Canadian wire diagram and all the parts neccessary i would mind doing it right, especially since i need to pull the dash out to properly install my DCC and PF mirrors

at the same time im installing my S14 carpet/seats and my canadian MT conversion one of the members here traded with me…

97240sxSR20 - huh? im just tryin to get them installed for asthetic reasons…

I dont get it tho this may be a stupid question but, wouldnt it be the same as turning your lights on.

no… since the DTRL run off a sunload sensor if im not mistaken, turning off when the sun is no longer out, yeah sure i can install them to be on thru a rigged switch, but i wanna see how hard it would be to do it clean and as close ot stock as possible…

Ah, if you turn them on, then you have the back lights on. I always wondered why Canada made ERL’s a requirement. We are supposed to by law tuen our lights on 30 mins before sunset and have them on 30 minutes after sun rise, and any time when necessary-inclement weather with reduced visibility. So why do we need DRL’s? Seems weird to me.

DRL’s are always on man, the sun doesn’t cancel them out. When you start your car and put it into gear, the DRL’s are still on at night. They’re not that tech.

you can find the DRL wiring diagram in the KA24DE S13 fsm, which is everywhere on the net

good luck with that.

also there is no sunload sensor for the lights…

they light up when the car is on.

headlights turn on, the DRLs turn off

headlights turn off, DRLs turn on

Feint - same here in CA with headlights…if you dont want urs…lmk…i want em…lol

so i guess to have em on they need to be connected to ign, but to have em turn off at night when headlights are on, what can i do…?

sdm-dmn - thank you, found it…so would any relay give me the affect you described above of how the lights work…?

I have a kouki front end off a Silvia. It is pristine and untouched by DRL’s. If I had them I would hand them over.

Steve, I’d suggest just wiring them up to a separate switch and relay. Mainly because like it’s been said, they’ll turn off when the pop-ups come up.

If you want them to be on even when the pop-ups are up than you’ll have to manually wire in a switch and relay, thus acting as “fog lights” instead.

I was in contemplation about doing this to my 180 when I took out my side-mount but haven’t come across a nice pair of DRL’s just yet. Majority of the ones you’ll find, one will be cracked, and both will be horribly scuffed.

im considering getting some led versions from clear corners.com

The warm or cool ones?

I’m felling the cools. They’re just WAYYYYYYYY to expensive.

the ambers… amber + dark color = sex