Daytime Running Lights

Just wondering where the control unit was for the DRLs in an S13? Thx.

There isint one …thewy just come on with the car

Well looking at the wiring diagrams, there seems to be some sort of control unit. I wanna find out if I can find a way so they don’t turn off when I turn on the headlights. Actually maybe it;'s just the relay…

i believe there’s an orange and black wire that you have to cut to make the dtrl stay on when your headlights are on. It’s on the passenger side right in beside the battery. That’s how i made mine stay on

Alright, I’ll check it out, thx.

While we are on the Daytime running lights… one of mine doesnt work and it has to be a wiring problem.

I downloaded the manual for my 95 240 but there I am not too sure where to look at in the electrical section (Do the US have the daytime running lights? Cause it seems like this manual was for the US version)

Are there legality issues with having your DRL’s on all the time?

no, your allowed to have 4 white lights on the front of your car.

will cutting this wire affect the dtrl turnin on when the headlights arent on ?

no, the box is on the passanger side near the washer filler neck.

no, the box is on the passanger side near the washer filler neck.

I’m sure he is correct…

behind the battery, same place, closer to the fender than headlight

black box about the size of a pack of smokes

do a search you’ll find a thread from awhile ago with pics.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5043&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=drl&start=0

That’s the thread witht he pics, very helpful, thanks everyone, even though I knew which wire, I didn’t know where the module was. lol

Someone said that the DRL can’t project any light, they just light up the plastic, but I have Motomaster bulbs in mine and they light up like 4 feet in front of the car! Is it because my lenses are not foggy?