Daytime Running Light Question

Hey guys

I need to know two things,

What type of bulbs are in the 91-93 DTRL’s

And

Is it possible for my to wire them up so they turn on when my headlights are on and not turn off?

If so could anyone give me a hand on how to compleate this task.

Thanks alot

Scott 8)

I’m not sure which bulbs they use, but there’s an easy way to have them on with your headlights…

just use the bulbs/harnesses from the turn signals and vice versa.

They use 1156 and its simple to wire them up to your headlights.

is there a stupidly bright bubl i can use in there ? because i kinda wanna use them as foglights or driving lights or is there away i can convert the houseing to use hid lights or whatever…

Holy crap. Either your keyboard is all sticky, or you need to work on your grammar. Even your sig is shameful.

HID Kits are available for the S13. IIRC www.pdm-racing.com has a setup for the S13 guys.

Yes HID kits are available for the S13 but not for the DRL’s

You can go to pacific mall and pick up some BlHybrid Bulbs that are 32watts instead of the normal 21watts.

I’m sorry, I didnt know I was trying out for the ‘Grammar Scholastic Achievment Award’.

You should also try out for the Spelling Award.

Well you are, so start working on it.

c’mon guys, leave the newbie alone!

If he knew that we were really strict on GRAMMAR and SPELLING, I’m sure he would be more careful…

back on topic, does anybody know where we can find a write up on how to wire the the DTRL to a swtich that we can turn on and off whenever we want?

I’m sure I can figure it out, but if its already been done I don’t want to waste my time.

I wanted to wire my DRL’s so that they would stay on when the headlights were on too. So I took a look at the FSM to get an idea on the existing wiring. I found that there is a DRL control module in the engine bay on the passenger side up near the front that controls this. After looking at the wiring diagram I found that there is a wire that enters the module that tells it if the headlights are on or off. I just disconnected this wire and now the DRL’s are on whether the headlights are on or not.

If my memory serves me correct I think it was the orange with black stripe wire that needed to be disconnected. I will check tonight when I get home. If you would like some pictures, let me know and I will get some.

Hope this helps.

hey Driftmachine, pics would be great! if you could get those for me i would really appreciate it!

Pacific mall eh? wheres that? and what store in the mall do i go to.

I already have the bosch h4 conversion with silverstars, and ide like a little more light right infront of me when the highbeams are on, and i think it would look better too. I want the bulbs to match my silverstars so those ones you speak of adam sound tasty.

You will never get the DRLs to project any light onto the road in front of you. I have the bosch h4 with silverstars too … they are great eh? Anyway the DRLs are designed to light up the plastic, not project light. Even with a super bright bulb in there you won’t get much light on the road.

I personally have my DRLs on a switch that is wired to ‘on’. So while my car is running they are on as long as I don’t touch the switch, but I can flip them on and off. This is because I have a set of foglights on another switch, and with the highbeams on I can turn on the fogs for the light right in front of the car. (Reason I need to turn off DRLs … you can’t have more then 4 white lights on the front of your car … i got pulled over! doh!)

As far as looks go … I got the ‘hyper white’ APC bulbs from CT. Yeah APC is retarted but anyone can make a light bulb. And it does look a lot nicer then the standard filament. Matches the silverstars.

^^^ You can have as many white lights as you’d like, but no more than 4 can be on at a time.

APC Bulbs are POS, they burnt on me after a week, and IIRC on Iquabob after like a day.

That’s why I installed the switch newb 8)

Mine have been going strong for almost half a year now. Suckers 8)

APC bulbs are poo and their hyperwhite is hyperblue gheyness.

Here are a couple of images. Let me know if you need any additional information. I never showed it in the pics but don’t forget to cover the wire ends so they don’t short anything.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2161/Daytime-Control-Module-Wire.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1899/Daytime-Control-Module-Wire2.jpg

hehehe it works,

Thanks alot! 8)