DRL Oddity...

I’ve had this problem since I got my car (95 S14) and it’s not really a big problem, but I figure I’ll just mention it anyway.

With my daytime running lights on, my left headlight works fine and my right one doesn’t. It looks like it’s off at first but it very faintly lights up (as if it’s dying but it’s not since it’s been like that for 5 months). Yet when I turn my full headlights on that right headlight lights up perfectly fine, in fact even brighter than the other one. So what could be wrong here? Fuse, miswiring? Any suggestions?

And btw, I have an LE which is supposed to have foglights (I figure the bumper was replaced somewhere down the line and the fogs were ditched), so were those supposed to be the original DRL or are they supposed to be the headlights anyway? Maybe that’s where someone messed around with the wiring or whatever the problem is if they are DRL.

I had the exact same problem. In the engine bay, along the right side of the car towards the front there is a black box which controls the day time running lights. This unit is probably dying, mine actually is intermittant and it seemed to work all this past summer without a problem. I also could tap on this box and it would start to work for me.