Odd electrical problem

So tonight I took my car out to go to the store on the way there I noticed that for some odd reason my fogs were not working and they were the last time I drove. Then I realised when leaving the store that my day time runners do not work either which I found strange. To top it off when I do turn my headlights on my passenger side bulb dose not turn on. What should I look at or what ideas would you guys have for this problem. I have never had somthing this odd go on before I own a 1995 by the way to help you guys out. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

hey there,

when you turn on your lights, do you mean both high beams and low beams?

cause the daytime running lights use the high beam filament at approx half voltage…

let me know, it narrows problems down.

Hey man.

Well one of easiest thing to do check your fuses to make sure there securely in. Pull the head light ones out, put them back in and see what that does.

From there check any of the exposed wiring to see if there’s any cracks or splits in the wires. Last check that there grounded properly.

Hopefully this helps and if it’s not any of those, could be a short somewhere.

Good luck man.

Easy 8)

Ok so here is what fuses I checked and they all are still in tact. I have checked the fuses that are in the box inside the engine bay and they seem to be fine. Here is an update on what is not working.

Both fog lights has stoped working
Daytime running lights both sides
Low beam in the passenger light
High beam in the passenger light

So you pulled the fues out in the engine and put them back in? Also do you have any fuses inside the car for your head lights? If so check those too.

What about the wiring, did you check to see if there cut or frayed at all? You may have a short in the system. Maybe also check all the connections to those lights to see if there’s any moisture getting in. Pull each bulb and see if they are wet too.

I know this sounds like a lot of work and a real pain in the ass but it’s part of trouble shooting and at least you’ll be able to rule certain things out incase you have to have it checked by a mechanic. You can tell him what you already did.

I had the same problem where my entire passenger headlight unit was not working (both hi and low). I couldn’t figure it out either but it magically started working again next time I turned my car on after I parked it in the garage for the night. I concluded it was ice or something on the wiring - but I was frustrated and about to bring it to a mechanic.

ya but this problem is more far reaching then that because its effecting the drivers side daytime runners as well and the fogs.

ya but this problem is more far reaching then that because its effecting the drivers side daytime runners as well and the fogs. This is really confuzing since the drivers side still works fine and the corner lights still work fine.

So i got thought about this problem for a bit and realised one very interesting thing that made me realise it is not a grounding issue. The fact that the LH headlight still works on lowbeam and high beam but not Daytime running. So after reading the wiring maps and how the daytime running works in my car I realised what was wrong. My Daytime Running Light Modual has stoped working. It makes perfect sense as well the LH headlight on is the only one that dose not recive its power when the switch is in the 2nd position on the A or B position as a failsafe. All other lighting recives its power from the running light box which explains this. If it was a gound then I would have retained my daytime function on the drivers side. So I am going to ask if anyones knows of a S14 that would have a daytime running light box avalible or a wrecker that has a S14. If not I will have to buy from Nissan because this is a part that when it goes its done.