problem with daytime running lights s14 (also clock problem)

Hey somtimes when im my daytimes screw up. The passenger side turns completly off but the drivers side turns to full highbeam. This happens randomly and somtimes they both work fully fine. Checked all fuses even though im pretty sure it has nothing to do with fuses. What could be the problem?

Also the backlight for the clock in the cluster doesnt seem to work. The time comes up and is accurate but the backlight doesnt come on. This is also the case for my climate control unit. Almost all of the lights dont come on. Only the preset airflow thing and the cold/hot meter lights up. Wonder if the two are connected somehow?

If anyone knows why this happens would be a great help
thanks

Do you have coilovers? check your wiring harness going along the left side fender… your tire may have worn through it, causing the wires to short out.

If not that, check the ground connections.

Good luck

Theo

i have the same problem and havent figured it out but heard the moduals for the light might be the problem.

I’ve got the exact same problem in my S14. I’m on my 2nd S14 and the same problem has come up for each of them. Sometimes the back-light comes back on and sometimes it doesn’t, not too sure how to completely fix it but I can see where you are coming from. As for the day-time running lights, I can only get one headlight to work and it also has its high-beams on, the right headlight day-time doesn’t work. I heard there was a relay wire or box by the passenger fender, just not too sure how to fix it. Anyone here got any tips or suggestions for this problem?

Hmm i got the same exact problem.

If the solution gets PM’ed… please PM me too.

I turn on my lights right away so that no one knows my one daytime running light is not working but i forget sometimes and i dont want to get a stupid ticket.

LOL…same with me, I turn on my headlights once I start my engine- morning or night. Don’t want to give them friendly cops any reason to pull me over.

There’s a DRL module in the passenger side fender, right around the battery.

It has 2 plugs on the bottom side. Make sure they are both secure.

Like walter said, check the two plugs near the battery that go into the DRL control module. Make sure they are not pulled out.

Also the backlight for the clock in the cluster doesnt seem to work. The time comes up and is accurate but the backlight doesnt come on. This is also the case for my climate control unit. Almost all of the lights dont come on. Only the preset airflow thing and the cold/hot meter lights up. Wonder if the two are connected somehow?

For the clock, there’s a tiny light bulb behind it… pull the cluter out, and take the bulb out and buy another one from CT.
The bulbs in the climate control unit usually aren’t soldered in properly or they burn out. You can take them out as well, but you gotta be really patient with it :slight_smile:

ditto