both running lights out

I just noticed that both my running lights are out. I replaced one of them a couple months ago. All other lights work - highbeams, fog, hazards, etc. Any ideas why they’d both stop working and where I can look to fix the problem?

Thanks.

95 240sx le

Jason

check the bulbs.
if they are fine check fuses.
then relays.
then the switches.

that’s all that can really go wrong, except wiring.

Sorry but thats not what can go wrong. I to have a 95 and my daytime runners failed. I would first of all try swapping out the Daytime running light control modual (I have an extra working one). Then after that check to make sure the bulbs are not bad. After that its a wiring problem that you will prolly find you cannot find. It seems to happen where the front headlight harness passes through the rad support.

What I did. I just said F daytimers and did some fun wiring to make it so that all other things still worked. My guess is that you modual is bunk since they are not the most reliable thing where they are placed (front passenger side fender, small black box). Since my whole headlight system went down all at once. If you want add me to MSN I will try to tell you what I did to figure it out.

Looks like my lights have a mind of their own again. Every once in a while, the passenger running light decides to work but both brights don’t work in the full on position but sometimes work when I flash them. Nighttime driving lights work fine.

S14_240sx, you mentioned that it might be the dtrl module – how much do those go for?

Thanks.

Jason

I’d also check the connections for corrosion. My right day time light was out and it was corrosion build up where the power connection is made.

fark the idiot control system.

wire them in with a relay so they come on when +ign has power.

Now your dtrls stay on when your headlights are on … it looks pimp ask anyone who has seen my car at night.