Deal for beer drinkers

I don’t drink beer, but figured this would be cool for parties.

http://www.tent-rent.nl/user_files/12552/krupsbeertender.jpg

Looks like most places dropped their price to $99. (These have been $200+ for a while, retail is $300+) Bed bath and beyond has them for the $99, plus you get 4 free glasses (they were priced at $20). Match that with a 20% off coupon you get in the mail and it is down to $80 for the B90 and 4 glasses.

Heineken 5L kegs appear to be about $20 on average with about 14.5 12 oz beers in each. I can get it for $18 at a local store and I expect to only get 14, so about $1.25 a beer.
From what I have read a lot of companies now make these 5L kegs but you have to order them online unless your local distributor carries them.

I’ve only seen the mini kegs at walmart, and they are heinekin.

That thing is way too small for a party though. 14.5 beers would be gone in no time.

I think consumers on Sheridan and the Blvd has a bunch of mini kegs in the cooler

Pretty lame, just get a real kegerator. $150 for the conversion kit. Most beer drinkers don’t just drink Heineken, and aren’t thinking 14 beers is a large quantity.

I am going to get one for my desk in my bedroom.

I wnder if Honey Brown comes in mini kegs…

fucking hilarious.

Would be a better deal if Heineken wasn’t shitty.

I double fist mini kegs.

heineken sucks IMO

Like I said I don’t drink beer, so I can’t comment on taste. But I do know they make a bunch of stuff in this size. I have seen Molson, Oberon and others at local stores.

I didn’t plan on using this to fill beer pong cups or funnels.
Most of the parties we have involve a lot of mixed drinks and a couple cases of beer, not really frat type parties. I figured I would just add this to the mix. Probably pick up an Oberon this week to throw in there and go from there.

I thought I heard somewhere that this thing ONLY works with heineken kegs and not other 5L mini kegs?

Yeah looks like Newcastle Brown Ale and heineken and heineken light are the only ones in the US

I will have to see if they make a conversion unit.

Looks like the answer is no

The Heineken kegs are internally pressurized with CO2 and keep them pressurized until empty. The problem is that the BeerTender uses the internal pressure to dispense because the spout is at the top of the keg. There would be no way to get the beer out with a standard mini keg in there.

dealbreaker

I don’t trust a man that doesn’t drink beer …it’s just weird

Yeah don’t enjoy the taste, similar to coffee.
I am more of an enabler, I guess. Don’t have an issue with it, just don’t like it.

Not bad. They sell Coors Light and Heineken at the local Liquor store here but that’s not enough to justify one of these.

Terrible idea for a party… and even for normal drinking I would have to swap kegs every day.