Dealers (West Herr Honda) are shady (long read)

I’m going to agree with everyone else on here. As shitty as it is, it’s your’s/her’s fault for not checking the vehicle to your liking prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. I would jump on the opportunity to split the tires.

If you return the vehicle, theres always a chance they are going to cut corners again on a new one, perhaps go out of their way to screw you.

Live and learn man, hopefully you guys learned a tough lesson and now know what you have to do when buying something.

A little off-topic but it boggles my mind how people can buy cars/motorcycles/RV’s without checking out the blue book/nada. I understand its just a guide and condition plays a huge part in the pricing, but damn, seriously people?

to everyone telling me “you should have check the car before delivery” the car was being purchased from one of the most well known dealers in the buffalo area. I figured they wouldn’t be shady as fuck, guess I was wrong.

and ya, I really wish I was there when they picked it up but I was super sick, in bed, couldn’t do it

this is the first time i have EVER bought a car from a dealer, and the first time i have ever been HOSED on a sale. coincidence?

West hurr and top quality have never gone together. I was looking at cars there like 5 years ago b4 I bought my civic from Ray laks. And they were shady back then.

Dont feel bad i was screwed by basil resale.Bought a used dakota r/t and about an hour after signing it i knew i made a bad choice,i really was looking for a 4x4.At the time they were advertising
a 3 day bring it back if you dont like it and they will refund your money.So i called them and they said that my trade in was already gone but they would try to find me another truck.So to make this a short story they found me a truck(3 months later)wanted to charge me the mileage i put on the r/t and decreased the value of it because i used it.I was pissed but i sucked it up and kept the r/t.

Well you are not getting hosed because you didn’t buy the car right, Cait did. Sucks balls for sure. If you need tires my offer still stands :slight_smile:

Does not matter where you are buying a car. they are all crooks. my sister works at west herr and it was still a hassle. every used car I ever purchase gets a 6 hour test drive by me. Including taking it to our shop removing every wheel and checking everything. my milan had 1/4th brake life and 2 bald tires. Before I picked the car up I tolD them flat out.I want 4 tires and pads/rotors all around or I would not take the car.You can’t trust anyone this day and age. it is sad but true.

Yeah I agree. I bought a low mileage saturn on ebay, the guy said it was owned by his mother, and she got the oil changed all the time.

I got the car, the tires sounded a little loud. I drove it 8 hours home and got it up on the lift. The inside of the front tires were worn down to the metal due to the alignment being out of wack.

I took it straight to firestone for 4 of their all season tires. Live and learn.

If this was a private party sale I wouldn’t be mad at all. I’d just buy the tires. I guess I was just expecting too much from a well known dealer

Mind if I ask the name of who sold it to you? PM me if you want. I know a couple people over there.

Uggh.

Uneven tire wear and tons of suspension noise? I’d get the alignment checked. I bet it’s fucked. Does the carfax on this thing show any accidents?

Prob never seen one :slight_smile:

actually i did, no accidents at all. the only note AT ALL the carfax showed me was lease/fleet use in yonkers NY (which wasnt a big deal to me, no salt in nyc, the car is actually super clean)

im just pissed they didnt put all brand new tires on it and up the price of the car $500. i mean, really? whats $500 when youre buying a car for $12000? THE FUCK

So whats the difference if you paid $500 more for the car with new tires, or $500 now for new tires after buying the vehicle discounted??? :lolham:

Sorry but now you just sound dumb

Carfax is bullshit anyways. I’ve seen frame damage so bad that you were wondering if anyone made it out alive, but the carfax was clean.

Did you see the tires before you agreed to purchase the car?

Being hosed is a mindset. People expect to get hosed because someone they know, well their friend’s, sister got hosed. Now everytime something goes wrong, or not their way - they’re getting hosed.

I love you JAM, but I don’t really think you’re getting hosed. I’d be worried more about the alignment than the fact that 3 days after picking the car up the tire isn’t holding air.

My wife bought a Toyota last year and returned it to them within 30 days for a Saturn. She had a lot of issues with the transaction. One email to the owner got her a reply the next day and a quick resolution. It is worth a shot to email him.

Are you talking about the New York warranty?

Written Warranty required; terms.

1. No dealer shall sell or lease a used motor vehicle to a consumer without giving the consumer a written warranty which shall at minimum apply for the following terms:

(a) If the used motor vehicle has thirty-six thousand miles or less, the warranty shall be at minimum ninety days or four thousand miles, whichever comes first.
(b) If the used motor vehicle has more than thirty-six thousand miles, but less than eighty thousand miles, the warranty shall be at minimum sixty days or three thousand miles, whichever comes first.
© If the used motor vehicle has eighty thousand miles or more but no more than one hundred thousand miles, the warranty shall be at a minimum thirty days or one thousand miles, whichever comes first.

1. The written warranty shall require the dealer or his agent to repair or, at the election of the dealer, reimburse the consumer for the reasonable cost of repairing the failure of a covered part. Covered parts shall at least include the following items:

(a) Engine. All lubricated parts, water pump, fuel pump, manifolds, engine block, cylinder head, rotary engine housings and flywheel.
(b) Transmission. The transmission case, internal parts, and the torque converter.
© Drive axle. Front and rear drive axle housings and internal parts, axle shafts, propeller shafts and universal joints.
(d) Brakes. Master cylinder, vacuum assist booster, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings and disc brake calipers.
(e) Radiator.
(f) Steering. The steering gear housing and all internal parts, power steering pump, valve body, piston and rack.
(g) Alternator, generator, starter, ignition system excluding the battery.

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/NewYork_NY_lemonlaw3.html

Unless West Herr has a different policy, I don’t see them required to do anything. Granted they might do something like what they are offering for good will to keep customer satisfaction.

Something visual like tires would be on the owner. The last Cadillac I found/bought for my dad had bald summer tires in the middle of the winter and passed the Cadillac certified inspection. We noticed it and negotiated accordingly.

Uggggghhhhhhh I had Scarlett fucking fever…

:frowning:

Have her tell the guy she will blow him once the tires are on the car. Then when he comes get blown, have her blow on his arm or something. She can then say she never said where she was going to blow.