Dealerships that buy cars?

Do any dealerships buy cars in the area? We’ve had a death in our family and we need to sell the car. Unfortunately I won’t be in town to deal with it, so I’m thinking I’d like to sell it to a dealer at whatever the trade-in value might be.

The car is a 2014 Ford Focus. Money is owed on it but not upside down.

Thoughts?

Did the Carmax they were building on NF blvd open yet?

Know anybody in Buffalo about to buy a car? Would be a shame to waste the trade-in tax credit on $20k+ but still get trade-in pricing.

Maybe the Basil Ford guys can help you out?

yeah I agree. looks like the closest carmax is rochester… it’s an option.

Where ya at Basil crew?

Basil purchased my father’s car when he passed last summer. They offered way more than West Herr.

I’ll have someone get in contact with you. Look for a PM.

$20,000?!?!

Thank you. This car is likely worth half that at most.

Haha, for some reason I was thinking of the Fusion. I’m slacking on my Fords. Carry on.

Shoot me a text 716 479 1084

I am open to purchase any make or model if someone is looking to sell a vehicle feel free to contact me. Also i will PM you to contact.

Try one of these guys first. I’ve gone to Carmax and Auction Direct in Rochester with three vehicles so far, and each one offered about half of KBB fair trade in value for the cars. Wouldn’t say it’s worth the drive.

Originalsin got a Carmax quote on his 09 3 series before he left for Thailand. They offered him 3000. Ha.

I’ve also had a bad experience with a carmax lowball, so I’m trying to avoid it. Thanks guys. A few board members have reached out to me so we’ll see where that gets me.

We’re still waiting on paperwork from the estate to allow us to sell it anyways, and I probably won’t have that paperwork before I leave buffalo this week. So I’ll probably be back in town somewhere in the next 90 days to complete this process. PAIN. IN. THE. ASS.

Yikes. Sorry to hear. That process is horrible. Good luck.

Just wanted to throw in a big :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: to Erie County Surrogate’s Court. They managed to turn and open and shut matter into an 18 month debacle for my family.

Back when I had my Colorado, Carmax offered me 13k for it. I didnt think it was that bad really. I was trying to sell it for 15k and go 14.5. Anyways best of luck.

ugh, I hope that doesn’t happen here.

yeah, I’m sure it’s hit or miss. not going to drive to rochester to find out unless i’m deperate, though.

Chuck Basil @ Basil Ford, also known as @Trkbossls got us taken care of this weekend :tup: Thanks again Chuck

Glad to help, Sorry I wasn’t around when you dropped it off but feel free to reach out if you need anything in the future.